What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

poita

Likes Dirt
Bit late since it was yesterday, but I have to tell anyone who'll listen. Finally fitted my replacement Magura MT6s and bled them. Only took two of us three goes to get them bled right. Easy Bleed Technology my fucking arse. Not to mention the final dig in the ribs, "you will only ever need to bleed your brake system once".

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Delivery finally arrived of the Microshift 11 speed shifter and derailleur.

Looks ok on quick glance. Shifter has infinite up shifts and seems to be only single, pull, down shifts with the front paddle. Rear derailleur has a clutch and capacity of up to 46t. Looks to be comparable to XT level gear.

I'll do a full write up when I get them on in a week or 2 when my bike is complete and ready to go.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Was on the weekend but took miss 4 on her first big ride on the new first pedal bike. 4.5k’s. She Would have kept going but I found a slow leak in my rear tire so had to limp home.
Then rode Iride Apollo bay on Sunday and came off three times. Slight dislocated thumb but still finished out the day. Love that place.

Last edited:

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
My first mountain bike ride in over two weeks. Don’t often get that crook, that I can’t ride, but the dreaded lurgy got me and I was toast. So this evening, urbaned my way to some local trails and it was ace. Found a spoon drain that was like a fitness halfpipe. Good to be riding again.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
My first mountain bike ride in over two weeks. Don’t often get that crook, that I can’t ride, but the dreaded lurgy got me and I was toast. So this evening, urbaned my way to some local trails and it was ace. Found a spoon drain that was like a fitness halfpipe. Good to be riding again.
Well done. I’m on week 4 of no riding thanks to chicken pox, with no end in sight to the extreme lethargy.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Update from Dave Turner on running a boost wheel in the back of my Czar

"6mm spreading isn't much for carbon, run it. Worst that can happen is it cracks, repairs are cheaper than new wheels and maybe it will last long enough to justify the cost of the older frame before you move on."

Interesting take on it. I've got an axle coming so I might give it a shot in the future.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

"6mm spreading isn't much for carbon, run it. Worst that can happen is it cracks, repairs are cheaper than new wheels and maybe it will last long enough to justify the cost of the older frame before you move on."

Interesting take on it. I've got an axle coming so I might give it a shot in the future.
Turners a legend. Awesome stuff.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't

Wow...I like him already

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Delivery finally arrived of the Microshift 11 speed shifter and derailleur.

Looks ok on quick glance. Shifter has infinite up shifts and seems to be only single, pull, down shifts with the front paddle. Rear derailleur has a clutch and capacity of up to 46t. Looks to be comparable to XT level gear.

I'll do a full write up when I get them on in a week or 2 when my bike is complete and ready to go.

looks very interesting, I like seeing more and more competition up against the the two big guys. The microshift cassettes looks to be in line with their competitors for weight in 11-46 steel or steel on ally carriers segment.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That answer is like the one I got from Scott Nichols when questioning non-boost cranks on a Ripmo.

I love that the owners actually reply, and they are not precious about their product.

If it works, it should work...
Yep. I'd already sat it in there and it didn't feel like I was forcing anything. I knew from the Canfield boys that they think it's fine on their bikes. Just wanted to check with Turner as a final precaution.

Good luck getting anything but a canned response from the big 3

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now I have my Fuel EX for the dirt I swapped some parts to transform my HT into a commuter type thing. I carefully checked out the s/h carbon fork for signs of damage or mistreatment before buying it. It’s a good fit to replace the 100mm suspension fork but has dorky looking proportions. Weighs sfa, about 850g. Need a bigger front ring and smaller cassette, this one isn’t a good match with the new chain, more worn that I thought so it slips under load a bit. Kept the off road front end assembly intact so it can easily be swapped back to fat tyres and suspension when needed
After

Before

slowmick

38-39"
Installed my $155 Brand X 150mm dropper on the hardtail/kiddy hauler. What an amazing bit of kit for the money. Smooth, good speed, not clunk at the top. wow. Yes, i know i am late to the party but now you can buy them from MTB direct with another brand for double the money.