What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

mtb1611

Seymour
Awesome few days at Thredbo with 4 mates. Few laps around the village XC loops on Thurs arvo, pub alllllll day Friday due to being rained out - even won the meat tray! but Saturday was big fun. 3 runs on the Flow Trail, 2 on the Enduro Trail, then the Thredbo Valley Trail and shuttle bus back to Thredbo. Hoped to do a lap at Jindabyne this morn but was rained out so we stopped at Majura on the way home for an hour there. And now.....cactus! Best weekend in a very long time and the best fun I've had on a bike in even longer.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Took the 6 year old to Kalamunda Circuit again yesterday and joined in a junior social ride. Was expecting it to be a quick one hour cruise on basic trails but turned out to be a 3 hour epic complete with Gunjin shuttle run. The little fella absolutely loved it.

I wouldn't have thought to take such young kids on shuttle runs but no serious casualties. I regaled the kids in the bus with stories of how we had to ride or push our bikes to the top for downhill runs back in my day.

Sadly my old bike didn't enjoy it so much. Freshly rebuilt fork blew again within the first 2 minutes, then the rear shock lost air 5 min later, leaving me clunking around without suspension for most of it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Took the 6 year old to Kalamunda Circuit again yesterday and joined in a junior social ride. Was expecting it to be a quick one hour cruise on basic trails but turned out to be a 3 hour epic complete with Gunjin shuttle run. The little fella absolutely loved it.

I wouldn't have thought to take such young kids on shuttle runs but no serious casualties. I regaled the kids in the bus with stories of how we had to ride or push our bikes to the top for downhill runs back in my day.

View attachment 351705

Sadly my old bike didn't enjoy it so much. Freshly rebuilt fork blew again within the first 2 minutes, then the rear shock lost air 5 min later, leaving me clunking around without suspension for most of it.
Can't wait to do this with my little one.

Shame about the bike. Is it possible to get a more modern shock and fork? Or is that total over capitalisation?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Can't wait to do this with my little one.

Shame about the bike. Is it possible to get a more modern shock and fork? Or is that total over capitalisation?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I've already ordered a new fork. :D

I've got one last rebuild kit for the shock so hopefully I don't stuff that up and it'll live on for another year or two. If not, I'll chuck the new fork on my On One frame and put that back into trail use.

Last edited:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yep. I was pretty happy with myself for fixing it, but obviously did a shitty job.
It's been a while since I've had a recon apart but I can't remember anything been tricky in them. I would think that something is not right with the sealing part on the bottom of the stanchion, being a basic fork it will be easy to spot.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
It's been a while since I've had a recon apart but I can't remember anything been tricky in them. I would think that something is not right with the sealing part on the bottom of the stanchion, being a basic fork it will be easy to spot.
Yep, there's not much to them. Both times they've looked perfectly fine when I've pulled them, aside from a stack of oil where it shouldn't be. Given they're 13 years old I figure a new set is probably a better investment at this point.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Haven't ridden my MTB in weeks, probably months.. BUT I just did order a cool handlebar bag for it, in anticipation of some day-ride adventures soon :)

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Nice, what type did you get?

exxy - but Aus made ones were even moreso!