What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Very desperate need for a trim at the moment. Hasn't been done since November.

That set of jumps is always a bit of fun @foxpuppet! I wiped out in there when they were fairly new - berm was softer than I realised and I blew through it into a tree. Did you have get around much else there?
Yeah we left a car at The bottom and drove around to Bunnings. Did Bunnings trail then into Dutch rudder and Rampage down to loamsville (the jumps) pushed the bottom set a few times. They have literally just been re built in the past week or so. Old drop is now about double the height and more sendy. The step up is like a DJ that sends you skyward but in a smooth and controlled way. Then a little step down roller into the bigger gap in the vid. It was a lot of fun before.... now is more funnerer. Lots of stoke by all the groups we saw hitting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slowmick

38-39"
Took the hardtail out to Lysterfield and achieved many firsts. Climbed a hill that I have only ever walked, punched a hole in a tyre with a rock and added a tube to a tyre set up tubeless. The last 2 i would prefer not to repeat. But i think i will put some wipes in my back pack as sealant gets everywhere. One last surprise for the day was the derailleur fell off when i took the back wheel out. Seems the hanger screw rattled out at some point. Gotta love that the water box cage bolt was a suitable replacement.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, not my thing. I prefer mountain biking.
Both sides are good. The side you rode is probably my favourite as it is still plenty flowy enough but lots of natural stuff interspersed throughout. The last bit of 7 comes to mind.

The flow side is worth it just to ride back down 2 for those sweet jumps!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didn't get out to Harcourt today unfortunately, won't make it tomorrow either. Friday is looking like the day now

But I've been getting some stuff done in the shed at least. First up is swapping out the stock Shimano rotors on the wife's XC bike with lighter Ashima rotors.

Think those old rotors are going to be stolen and used on the rigid Cotic

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Didn't get out to Harcourt today unfortunately, won't make it tomorrow either. Friday is looking like the day now

But I've been getting some stuff done in the shed at least. First up is swapping out the stock Shimano rotors on the wife's XC bike with lighter Ashima rotors.

Think those old rotors are going to be stolen and used on the rigid Cotic
Wow, that is a lot more of a weight reduction than I would have ever throught could come from just a disc swap!
And look awesome.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got the same ones on my Turner and they didn't change the feel at all so it's a plus all round in my book. Hopefully get out with her tomorrow and bed them in a bit since I'm home all week and the kids are back at school/kinder tomorrow

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Only suitable for XC they heat up very fast.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
The style of terrain he/we ride we could almost get away with cardboard :D

I've got the same ones on my Turner and they didn't change the feel at all so it's a plus all round in my book. Hopefully get out with her tomorrow and bed them in a bit since I'm home all week and the kids are back at school/kinder tomorrow
Are you using centrelock adapters? And if so which ones?

I took the Offspring to the track for the morning. 14km of dirt, and it wasn't the smallest child who gave up first. Fourth picture in is of him about 5 vertical meters down that slope. He rode it down to where he is and only stepped off when it stopped.

I think I'm over biked.
http://instagr.am/p/BwjC4kYlwYV/

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The style of terrain he/we ride we could almost get away with cardboard :D

Are you using centrelock adapters? And if so which ones?
Pretty much this. Plus for XC most descents are no longer the a couple of minutes before you're on the power again.

As for adapter's, I'm using a combination of Shimano and DT Swiss to make it work. Wish my xmc 1200s used 6 bolt hubs. Been thinking of finding some light centerlock rotors for them.

In more bike related news, went for a ride after pulling apart and regressing the rear end of the Turner. Looks like the noise might've been in the bottom bracket all along . Will pull that sucker out tomorrow and put it back together with bearing retainer.

But I did manage to pull back a kom by 1 second but missed another one by 2 seconds. I stuffed up a small section so I know I can get those two seconds back!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Found out late last night that I could infact make it to Harcourt so I went back out to the shed, got everything packed and headed off this morning after the kids went to school.

Rode pretty much every trail to test how the 100/100mm Turner does with a bit of everything. Highlight was probably clearing the really tight uphill switchbacks with rock armouring on track 7. I think it's the first time I've done that without a dab and the steep front end really helped there. Had a big case on 2 where I thought I'd busted a rim but it looks just fine. Oh and 8 was a little crazy on an XC bike. Not afraid to admit I B-lined pretty much everything that could be on that trail

Definitely have more fun on the Primer here but it was fun to do a fast run on a race bike.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Found out late last night that I could in fact make it to Harcourt so I went back out to the shed, got everything packed and headed off this morning after the kids went to school.
A solid day of riding for sure.

The worst thing about Harcourt is the town has no beer.