What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Jebus! You don't like your bike, do you? :p

Did it creak?
Not once! Mud must've worked like grease in those bushings

Bike actually ran like a champ all day. Pretty sure I need to service everything on it now though lol. My dropper post was nearly seized after the first lap though. It would go up and down but I needed to push real hard and in a very specific direction (down and forwards). I'm hoping when I pull it apart I haven't scored it internals too much

Edit, why not show more carnage

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took a work college to Wingello for his first spin for a while. Last week he picked up a Giant Fathom 2 29er - great spec for $1300 and looked good in the flesh. Fun times in the very chilly early morning. He managed some pretty good riding and a great commando roll when he had an otb.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not once! Mud must've worked like grease in those bushings

Bike actually ran like a champ all day. Pretty sure I need to service everything on it now though lol. My dropper post was nearly seized after the first lap though. It would go up and down but I needed to push real hard and in a very specific direction (down and forwards). I'm hoping when I pull it apart I haven't scored it internals too much

Edit, why not show more carnage

I’m voting for selling it... Between cleaning and rebuilding time and parts its probably financially break even at the discounted sale price.

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Built this.

Thread started here:

moorey

call me Mia
bumped into @moorey & felix at a local 50km xc race, first lap thick clay needed enduro tyres. rode sweep on the ss which was mostly enjoyable, 900vert was a good chunk given how sticky it was in creswick. 2 pressure washers went over time at the finish
It’s not polite to keep passing people up hill on a single speed :(
Thanks for your work, mate.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Finally went out again, to Superbowl in Nowra.
Have decided I'm going to enter a novice race this year, so I'll need to get out more regularly.

Having a kid means you get more for your hobbies, right?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Was hoping to go either Ballarat or Lysterfield. Anyone know what the conditions are like atm? From the videos of Lysterfields trail build today, it looked damp but not overly wet?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yeah did an avo lap of Lysty today, and it was pretty muddy, but it’s holding up well enough, compared to the olden daze.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
On today’s ride, at the top of Buckle, I helped a young woman and her teenage son... he’d crashed his bike and it wouldn’t shift down to the lower gears. The gear cable had weirdly worked loose, so pulled it tight and did up the Allen bolt, all good.

But the cool thing was that mum had herself crashed three times, just minor offs on the very muddy wet roots... but was more than happy to continue on. She was a complete newbie, I think it was her second mtb ride, on a pretty low spec hardtail, whereas her son had all the gear, full face and a brand new decent dually.

Once his bike was sorted I rode with them to Dogpound, just to make sure it was okee dokee, and his bike was fine, but it was apparent she was having a tough time of it, so I had a chat with her about line choice to square up her front tyre over the roots, and few other things. She said she was gonna get lessons.

Anyway, I thought it was cool, what she was prepared to do, well out of her comfort zone, on a pretty ordinary bike, in the mud, to be with her son. I hope it all went well.

slowmick

38-39"
Quick ride at 5 this morning. check radar - clear headed off and the fine rain started - maybe the radar was covered in "white" rain clouds. As the ride went on up the hill the rain got heavier, the clouds set in and it got harder to see. Pinch flatted on the way down the hill on a rock i didn't see. Rain got heavier as I changed the tyre in the dark. By the time i set off again it was pissing down. Got soaked. At home, gave the bike a quick rinse and dried the chain. Bike away, sitting on the back verandah taking off my shoes and the rain stopped and the sun came out. All before 7am.