What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

pineapplehead

Likes Dirt
Today we hit up Red Carpet at Forrest for some shuttles. Pretty good day for it and the trails were running nicely. The new berms were very sticky though and hard work to push through. Very glue like. It's been a while since I've ridden it and the new changes are good. Had the compulsory stop at the brewery too for lunch!

View attachment 353175View attachment 353176View attachment 353177View attachment 353178
Is Forrest hardtail country?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Is Forrest hardtail country?
Yeah, seems to end up that way for me. Last time I rode it, which was about 18 months ago, I was on a hardtail then too.

The middle higher speed section before the road was really the only place the guy I was riding with was slightly pulling away (29er dually), but it was certainly nothing the hardtail couldn't handle.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yeah I have read quite a lot about the saga too.

I feel for those people who paid top dollar for a preorder frame that never arrived, particularly those who did not pay via PayPal and the 3 month window to reverse a credit card payment had lapsed.

I understand that marino just want to move the stock of frames they have to cover their own manufacturing costs.

Hopefully the the frame I get is ok. I am confident it will be from the gussets and the fact is is made from cromoly by a reputable manufacturer.

Also read of some clearance issues with the cranks on their frames. I guess I'll see in 3 -5 weeks.

Marino are only asking for $550us for a death wish or $320us for a Wulf. I thought the price was worth a gamble.
Been following it as well. What a total shitshow. It's interesting they've fallen apart given the interest, positive coverage, pre-orders and associated revenue coming in. My guess is they thought they'd made it, blew all that shiny pre-order money on 300 different prototype bikes (180mm titanium 29er anyone?) and were so focused on being "disruptive" they forgot to supply customers with product and are now desperately taking more orders to cover the costs of the previous orders they spent on Onyx hubs or eewings cranks or all that other unobtanium their demo bikes are festooned with.

It's sad because they were doing some cool stuff and I wanted them to succeed, but it's clear any business acumen was MIA. Also one of their founders comes across as a narcissistic fuckbag the moment anyone dares to criticise anything they're involved with.

I'm still tempted by one of those Wulfs via Marino though.....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
What I did with my bike yesterday.

Drove through Mad Max Country

Stopped at a pub

Saw a couple of donkeys

Rode in circles up and down some hills, on really loose shale. Really thought the locals would be faster at descending, but I had them well covered.

Won some things

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Changed the nipples on my rear wheel yesterday from alloy to brass, and subjected the kids to a couple of hours of
"Look, one nipples is darker than the other"
"This nipples is longer than the other"
"Wanna twist my nipples for me? My fingers are getting sore"

Kids were stoked to find out I was 2 hours away from them today

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Haakon

Keeps on digging
High speed pedal strike on a non rocky flowy(ish) trail at stromlo, ate shit hard... Didn’t account for compression properly through a fast dip and caught a high point of the track. Might bump up the rear shock pressure a bit!!

Had a small stick literally embedded in my lip I had to pull harder than I liked to get out, and am brewing an arse bruise Moorey would be proud of. I promise there will be no pictures.