What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was early April, a number of our guys and girls went down. Mrs George was hoping for a weekend away for her birthday, told her next year. September would be a good separation for @Daniel Hale to consider.

I was more thinking if I was already travelling to Echuca, then Castlemaine wouldn't be much different.
Could even make a trip of it and check out Harcourt while you're around the area (only 15 mins up the road). Worth the extra day, if you've still got legs after a 3/6hr

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Remind me why they used an aboriginal name for a mountain bike park? Didn’t think mountain biking was really a thing for them before the Europeans turned up...

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Also, Ayers Rock was named that by its original indigenous climbers.
Good one, @Haakon.
Still don’t get what it’s got to do with mountain biking. And no one knows what the original name for the rock was - it’s been Ayers Rock, ularu and whatever it was called by the first few waves of migration of humans through that part of the world.

It was a while ago, but the current locals kicked out the earlier ones. We should find out what they called it and rename it again :)

moorey

call me Mia
Remind me why they used an aboriginal name for a mountain bike park? Didn’t think mountain biking was really a thing for them before the Europeans turned up...
Would love to
Still don’t get what it’s got to do with mountain biking. And no one knows what the original name for the rock was - it’s been Ayers Rock, ularu and whatever it was called by the first few waves of migration of humans through that part of the world.

It was a while ago, but the current locals kicked out the earlier ones. We should find out what they called it and rename it again :)
Nice one...but not biting.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
i see coomealla event is sept 22/23...WTF are they thinking, that’s the date of the Aus SS titles in tathra...surely that’s the date everyone pencils in above all else
Are you sure? Everything is showing the SS Champs are on the 27th

And ours is definitely not a 2 day event :D

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
i see coomealla event is sept 22/23...WTF are they thinking, that’s the date of the Aus SS titles in tathra...surely that’s the date everyone pencils in above all else
It's always been on the third weekend in September. Aligns with Victorian school holidays if nothing else. And there's always something else on in either southern Victoria or South Australia that weekend...it can't really be helped. If we tried to avoid clashes with other events...it would never happen. Funnily enough...typical entry numbers have always been very good for such a regional event.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I need me some of this...
It would have been great if I'd done it 6 months ago around the time I got the bike ! my problems are not loading the bike up correctly as I hit the ramp, and pulling up too much with my arms. The session was cheap at $30, well worth it if it gets me even more jollies at Linga Longa. And helps keep me out of hospital