What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it's more of a case of you only hear of the bad stuff and not the good. There's a handful of people with issues and thousands more with none. Still, I didn't pay anywhere near full price and I'm happy enough to keep an eye on the areas that people have had an issue

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Keen to hear how it rides. I'm 100% happy with my hardtail but duallies always have that extra 'oooh look at that' about them.

P. S. Your VO2 intervals are just all kinds of evil o_O

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Keen to hear how it rides. I'm 100% happy with my hardtail but duallies always have that extra 'oooh look at that' about them.

P. S. Your VO2 intervals are just all kinds of evil o_O
V02 Intervals are killer, wait until they start getting 3 mins long with even shorter rests in between, ugh.

@slider_phil All those potential issues, but at least you didn't buy a Yeti SB100 :p
The issues with the Yeti bother me more because when they wear out they damage the frame. With the Sniper only the linkage. I'm also on the lighter side at 72kg so I'm less likely to put a ton of stress on things.

In other words, I know what I'm getting myself in for and it's a price I'm willing to pay for a super light aggressive XC frame (2200g with the 120mm stroke shock on the scales last night). Got a Fox factory 165x40 coming to run the rear at 100mm too.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The new shock and a few bits I needed rocked up today so I quickly put it together after I got the kids into bed.

This is in its XC spec, 100mm front and rear.

Weight as it sits, 10.82kg, a little lighter than my Turner. I'll usually run a lighter front tyre too but seeing as it's winter at the moment the Forekaster has been a good trade off.

Trail build will get my Fox 34 at 120mm so an extra 300ish grams from memory. The 120mm rear shock is only 20g difference...I weighed them both

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Mate’s tall missus has been riding on a too-small 26er for a while, likes MTBing a bit, wanted a new bike, was willing to spend up to $1.5k.

Ended up recommending this which she’s bought:

1x, dropper, her size, 29er, modern geo. It’ll be a safe thing & keep her interest up.

Blew her budget by $400 but I think it is worth it.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The only bike I've seen that needs a set of these without looking awful.

Bike looks hawt!
Might sell my Fox 34 and buy a DVO instead

It'll probably look even worse since the shades of green are probably just off enough to be distracting.