What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I have changed my tune from when I initially got it, and I now agree with Felix about the climbing. Tubelessness, tyres and a smaller chainring has transformed the rolling and climbing of the bike. Today at Candlebark, with the new 30 tooth chainring I easily cleared two pinches that I walked last week. Unlike Felix, I cannot crank in the climbs, because of knee and hip reco’s, so it has to be spin for me. And now I’ve got the gearing right, I’m set.
The other thing I have slowly figured out is rear shock set up is really important.
These bikes have a flat-to-slightly-progressive ratio and a really nice supple/active rear end.
I have found that running 25-30% sag (as opposed to 30-35%) has improved acceleration, climbing and appropriate travel usage.
And I used to leave the shock in Open or Middle.....but now I lock it out for any extended climbing. Definitely makes it more betterer for sit-and-spin.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I have found that running 25-30% sag (as opposed to 30-35%) has improved acceleration, climbing and appropriate travel usage.

And I used to leave the shock in Open or Middle.....but now I lock it out for any extended climbing. Definitely makes it more betterer for sit-and-spin.
Checked rear sag and its pretty much 30%, so I think that is sweet.
And yep, it climbs well enough in open, but like you say, the switch fully on, for sure it is even better.

Just now, I had my first most excellent urbanic mtb experience on the new toy, doing some of my local urban circuit. It was, as always, just hopeless old man kerbside nature strip drops, ledges, gutters, a few stairs, and heaps of attempted monos, but no manuals though, I suspect they are for later. Anyway, was it fun? … oh, my dog, it was effing awesome. Kev is like a comfy cotic. It’s just a total dicking around thing. I was pulling more consistent monos than ever before (don’t worry, I’m still hopeless) but I could consistently beat my average, and did one way past my best. Maybe, I was just on, but either way, I was a bro, and the bike is ace.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Checked rear sag and its pretty much 30%, so I think that is sweet.
And yep, it climbs well enough in open, but like you say, the switch fully on, for sure it is even better.

Just now, I had my first most excellent urbanic mtb experience on the new toy, doing some of my local urban circuit. It was, as always, just hopeless old man kerbside nature strip drops, ledges, gutters, a few stairs, and heaps of attempted monos, but no manuals though, I suspect they are for later. Anyway, was it fun? … oh, my dog, it was effing awesome. Kev is like a comfy cotic. It’s just a total dicking around thing. I was pulling more consistent monos than ever before (don’t worry, I’m still hopeless) but I could consistently beat my average, and did one way past my best. Maybe, I was just on, but either way, I was a bro, and the bike is ace.
I knew I wasn't the only person who says "oh my dog"!

Love that bike stoke

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Not so much me, but I did enable The Hubs to buy a secondhand race bmx off a one lady owner, only to discover that the rear Ti hub was worth secondhand what he paid for the bike....winning. I score the forks for my 20" and can pass on my older carbons as a gift to a young lad. The rest of the parts distribution remains to be seen, but I have my eye in the pretty purple bits.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pulled KS Lev dropper out of bike to figure out why it won't raise quickly - turns out it wasn't getting enough cable pull from factory as the alu part in the external actuator link was bottoming out. Filed down the bottom of it, fixed. Fitted up the ZTTO lever, first impressions are pretty good. Solid, nice feel, lever rotates around a proper sealed bearing. It's almost a direct ripoff of a Wolf Tooth (so avoid if not a fan of knockoffs), lever is a little longer, outer cable housing adjustment is cheaper feeling, and bearing is fully covered from the bottom rather than partly. Hacked up XTR front shifter still feels better as a lever.

Also sent off forks to Cyclinic for service/air shaft assembly replacement. Might get the old Evolution damper replaced with a Grip if that's an option too.

Last edited:

slowmick

38-39"
Put the shock back in it after putting the fork on Sunday. Both just came back from NS Dynamics. A couple of late night quick laps of the bowl of the court and it feels amazing. looking forward to riding it in anger - at some point (daughter is sick and the weather has been crap for bikes lately).

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Installed a new clutch mechanism into my m9000 derailleur along with a pair of new jockey wheels. Also changed out the Forekaster tyre up front for a Rekon (maybe foolishly this time of year). Oh and put my step-cast fork back on ready to race this weekend in Harcourt

Then took it out for a spin on the local trails and managed to get a few KOMs back that I've been chasing for the last 12 month.

Glad I took the afternoon off. Much better than being at work

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Held off ordering the wife’s Roubion as Santa Cruz should be dropping new colour in a few days.

She loves the current one, but can’t bear the thought of this unlikely to be repeated bike purchase being available in something really cool.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Held off ordering the wife’s Roubion as Santa Cruz should be dropping new colour in a few days.

She loves the current one, but can’t bear the thought of this unlikely to be repeated bike purchase being available in something really cool.

Plus, if the new colours are no good, the old ones will probably be on sale!

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Plus, if the new colours are no good, the old ones will probably be on sale!
Haha I wish.... apparently the new one is $250 increase on RRP, plus it’s an order in frame, no AU inventory so I don’t think we will get a deal price.