What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I went to see it...curing in the spray booth after its first colour coat.

Old mate wanted to check he had the masking points right before the second colour goes on.

After that...clear coat.

Should have it back and ready to rebuild next week!!!
Love it. I'll give it another 12-18 months and send mine away for the same treatment

Cardy George

A word of advice...this is not a cheap exercise. You either need to be a little mad or the frame is good enough to be worth it. In my case, it's a mixture of both...
Me too. I think it's something in the water around here. The river clay has left it's mark in a few places so I'll get them patched while I'm at it.

Are you using a local guy?

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Me too. I think it's something in the water around here. The river clay has left it's mark in a few places so I'll get them patched while I'm at it.

Are you using a local guy?
Yeah. He's currently got five client cars for full restoration in the shop - two HG Monaro's, one EH wagon, an E94 replica and a HQ sedan...and a waiting list. Plus the usual piece work like my frame and other panel repairs. He's quite good...

slowmick

38-39"
Fell off it on a slow speed hair pin corner. Luckily there were no walkers/runners to witness it. Seems at some point most of my skin has been replaced with tissue paper. Somehow managed to split the tip of my thumb. The dirt and blood freaked out the nice young lady on the road bike next to me at the lights on the way home. Luckily the wife didn't see it this morning. Will get the look tonight.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Still crook. But the cheap knockoff centreline 203mm front rotor and an adapter turned up, so installed those. Rolled it around the backyard a few times, wheezed a bit and went back to bed...

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Spent money on it. Ate a stick last night which means new RD, hanger, cable and a couple of spokes are required.
Hate that too. My XX1 derailleur sacrificed itself into my wheel and took out 2 spokes to save the hanger the last time that happened to me.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Still crook. But the cheap knockoff centreline 203mm front rotor and an adapter turned up, so installed those. Rolled it around the backyard a few times, wheezed a bit and went back to bed...
I can relate to this....been hit with man flu and have been achieving an extraordinary amount of sleep for 5 days now. Thought I felt better today so went for a ride...4klms later I was loading the bike back onto the car and driving home coughing and wheezing.

Cardy George

Spent money on it. Ate a stick last night which means new RD, hanger, cable and a couple of spokes are required.
Mine did that too, but with Di2 there's no cable so all it did was knock it out of alignment. Hit the reset button and off I went.

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Hate that too. My XX1 derailleur sacrificed itself into my wheel and took out 2 spokes to save the hanger the last time that happened to me.
Sure was an expensive group ride as mine was the second stick in derailleur incident for this night. The first took also out der, hanger spokes on another bike. On last night's inspection at least the hanger on mine might have survived, will see when I fit the new one if it's twisted or not.

gippyz

Likes Dirt
Just bought a new Commencal frame, and that little thingy magy (the bump or flat surface whatever the devil it is) in the BB is stopping normal press-fit BB to fit. Have to cut the new BB so it can fit.. what the hell Commencal?!?!?! :mad:

Cut and fitted the BB, but man what on earth are they thinking?!?! The BB is normal E-thirteen press fit.

Attachments

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Just bought a new Commencal frame, and that little thingy magy (the bump or flat surface whatever the devil it is) in the BB is stopping normal press-fit BB to fit. Have to cut the new BB so it can fit.. what the hell Commencal?!?!?! :mad:

Cut and fitted the BB, but man what on earth are they thinking?!?! The BB is normal E-thirteen press fit.
I've never found anything normal with E13.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Lunch ride around Bruce Ridge with a work colleague who does Audax rides so she's pretty fit and quick on the climbs. Gonna make it a regular thing. I work about a km from the start of the singletrack.