What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Scotty675

Cable thief
Hopefully this helps. That's the HC lever installed, but size wise the HC3 mimics it closely, just without the different adjustment points. The TRP's have a longer throw and more clearance space to the rotor than the MT7s. In general, the Magura's are a very close fit against the rotor which can make for some time consuming setup on the caliper end to stop any "cha-chinging", but they also don't have as much take up when pulling the lever before contact.

View attachment 355095
Thanks zaf, perfect. I have a mt7/mt8 combo that I changed to hc3 levers. I find the hc3 really comfy for me. I find the mt7 pad to rotor distance really close as well (to close in my opinion) they sure seem prone to rubbing pads. I was worried that the Tpr levers would be to long for my liking but that photo clears that up. Did you go the DH brake?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Sigh. Finally got the Cotic back together with a new rear axle and new stem, having a cruise around a very cold and deserted Stromlo and the gears start making a funny noise. Try shifting up and down to see what’s going on, next thing you know, it’s jammed up and I’ve snapped the hanger off. Dammit. Luckily could get picked up instead of the hour walk home in a few degrees...

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I just got back in, it's not too bad once you're in the trees, but the moment you're out of the lower areas and cover it's really savage, was blowing the wheels around a bit.
We had it all yesterday, sun, wind, rain. Made for a perfect ride actually keeping the dust down. Heaps of people out and about on the trails though, you must be stoked to have this as the local now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zaf

BT180

Max Pfaff
Sounds like you need an e-bike.
Would love one in the arsenal. There's an area here with about 8-10 gnarly descending lines, but they're all linked by long, steep fire road slogs. Perfect eBike territory. Can never afford two bikes at once though and not ready to go e-only just yet.

Petero

Likes Dirt
That Meta looks hot! When I see the TR frame for under $1600 delivered...

Anyway, converted the Genius Plus to 29", swapped from 2x10 to 1x10 with 11-42 Sunrace cassette - XT derailleur seems to shift ok for now, but if anyone has a radr cage lying around please let me know.. And upped the 140mm 34 GRIP to 150mm 36 FIT 4. Quick ride around the block seems to roll wayy better and the extra stack height feels a lot more comfortable, although that could be the extra 15mm of spacers too (didn't want to cut the steerer too short...)
Since photo have removed front derailleur and will be attempting to covert shifter to dropper lever..