What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Wow. Certainly did! Pardon my ignorance if I should know this but what's the fork travel?
Fork is 170mm. 160mm at the rear.

Love it!!!
It's okay breaking kit when you're doing rad shit when it happens.

But on the otherhand, where the fuck is your bash guard?
Yeah the weird thing is I’ve never dropped the chain or bashed it on something. Time to add more weight.:oops:

Dang, I'm assuming you don't have a bash guard? Wonder if it would've held together with that sort of impact!
Yeah, no guard. Hard to say may have just glanced off?

Time for a chain guide+taco?

Easier than giving up burrito’s and losing some chonk.
@BT180 ... trudges off to add another 200g to the bike. With careful selection of said bash guard, he could hit the magic 19kg mark
:D:D:D Funny stuff, but unfortunately may be necessary!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sold the Giant XTC. Son's mate, whom I thought too tall for a large, wanted the bike so I sold it to him. I bought it for a fair price and passed on it with some upgrades so the circle continues. Then I went shopping. Decided to throw some more $ at it since I really enjoyed riding the hardtail and I have to be honest what is out there for $2k in new or near new is disappointing. Low spec levels compared to what I thought would be on offer. Big mix of Deore and lower and entry level SRAM. Yes this stuff is way better than it ever used to be but I expected at least SLX along the way.

Anyway here is a teaser. Blame @Minlak for that idea.

I went to convert the wheels to tubeless and realised that I didn't have a matching pair of valves (this is very important) and I had no Joe's left... So the tubes went back in. Then I started pulling the chainring off to fit the 32t oval NW that came off the Bronson only to find I cannot find it... Hmmmm. Time to buy another. And I forgot to take the Atlas pedals off the XTC so I am up for another pair... Minister will already be most displeased when she finds out I bought another bike today... At least I wasn't dumb enough to establish a budget.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Fork is 170mm. 160mm at the rear.

Yeah the weird thing is I’ve never dropped the chain or bashed it on something. Time to add more weight.:oops:

Yeah, no guard. Hard to say may have just glanced off?

:D:D:D Funny stuff, but unfortunately may be necessary!
That's a lot of travel to case something so hard.. Or is it just a shitty landing area?

BT180

Max Pfaff
That's a lot of travel to case something so hard.. Or is it just a shitty landing area?
Yeah, real crappy landing as you can see above. Fork still had plenty of reserve and shock gets full travel on hucks like that. Problem is there's roots, rocks and holes everywhere. Just got unlucky landing in a hold and then lining up the ring with the tree root when the suspension was compressed.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Yeah, real crappy landing as you can see above. Fork still had plenty of reserve and shock gets full travel on hucks like that. Problem is there's roots, rocks and holes everywhere. Just got unlucky landing in a hold and then lining up the ring with the tree root when the suspension was compressed.
Just sucks then really.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Last edited: