What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I have never witnessed so much beat up shit ever ! Just replaced #2 sons derailleur hanger 3 weeks ago, now running the emergency hanger again on #1's bike... had to straighten the cage on the rear derailleur.

Also as per other thread, 2 adjustable spanners on the chain to straighten links, had about 5 places to do.... why the f$%k would you still crank out 4-5 pedal strokes when your chain is off... I cant get the answer from my two, was hoping you's could answer... Bent links, gouged frame, derailleur into spokes and broken hanger.

Pictures are when everything is fixed, new derailleur and hanger on the way.

I do hand-me-downs to these pair... there is no way ANYTHING is going to be handed back up.

They are just about to fit into my shoes... goodbye shoes.

Whinge over.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I have never witnessed so much beat up shit ever ! Just replaced #2 sons derailleur hanger 3 weeks ago, now running the emergency hanger again on #1's bike... had to straighten the cage on the rear derailleur.

Also as per other thread, 2 adjustable spanners on the chain to straighten links, had about 5 places to do.... why the f$%k would you still crank out 4-5 pedal strokes when your chain is off... I cant get the answer from my two, was hoping you's could answer... Bent links, gouged frame, derailleur into spokes and broken hanger.

I do hand-me-downs to these pair... there is no way ANYTHING is going to be handed back up.

They are just about to fit into my shoes... goodbye shoes.

Whinge over.View attachment 355310View attachment 355311
You’re such a Scrooge. Ease up man and buy them a top spec Santa Cruz already.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Dragged it thru a swamp.......
View attachment 355260

View attachment 355261

Well, actually, I raced it. The first of our two 'endurance' races. It's funny how knowing the race is two HOURS plays with the mind. It's only 30-40 mins longer than the lap based races, but a few of the guys who normally finish before me crashed and burned. Think I finished 4th, maybe even 3rd.

The race was actually pretty damn good. Turned out to be 1hr 45 of power and speed, then 15 minutes of pure concentration when the rain hit and the river sediment turned into an ice skating rink. But I can now confirm I'm faster in the twisties than all of them, which means I'm not having to find as much power coming out of the corners as I'm already at speed.
Found out last night I came 3rd, and I was lapping faster than the leaders until the rain :D

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Vorsprung luftkappe. It's great. Maiden run last night but I forgot my shock pump and really could have used another 10psi in the fork...
Is that after setting sag etc? Or did you blow through the travel too quick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Got all excited thinking I could finally use my 22mm spanner to remove the shock hardware (spanners been sitting unused since I bought the roll. How often do you use these around the house?)
Nope. 13mm socket on one end, grip oddjobs nut with left hand and hardware came out disappointingly easily.

:rolleyes:

Looks good fitted though. Out with the non-debonair RT3, in with the debonair plus RC3!

Keen as to see how it goes. Got my pack of rubber bands ready, just need to get time to ride.

Edit: also scoped out Oddjobs grotto, sweet jesus, bicycle nirvana in there.

Last edited:

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
After a lengthy (and pricey) holdup at Czech customs my replacement frame finally arrived.

Started piecing it together.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Nice @the drizzle! Hopefully you're happy with it!

What happened with customs?

How long until the maiden voyage?

Last edited: