What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Finished the "I'm not sure I can bring myself to sell it" rebuild on my 5010:

Has no dropper in it at the moment so is a hoot to ride, carbon frame, wheels and bar and light(ish) tyres makes it feel like it weighs about 8kg (I know it's more than that, but it feels so bloody zippy!)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Has no dropper in it at the moment so is a hoot to ride, carbon frame, wheels and bar and light(ish) tyres makes it feel like it weighs about 8kg (I know it's more than that, but it feels so bloody zippy!)
I know that feeling. The Trc encourages silly behaviour. I love to make little humps into jumps now and flick the rear wheel up and around. Might not be a road gap but still lots of fun.

I think you will miss the 5010 :)

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Filmed an edit for Fat Tyre Flyers spring events. Check out what's been happening at Narby.

Ride day dates
  • Saturday 5 October (women only)
  • Sunday 6 October
  • Saturday 16 November
  • Sunday 17 November
Build day dates
  • Sunday 8 September
  • Saturday 19 October
  • Saturday 23 November
  • Sunday 24 November
Race dates
  • Victorian Downhill Series – 30 November & 1 December
More info at https://www.ftfdh.com.au/

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Back over to the Wentworth Show again today, Middle Brother and Little Sender were performing in a choir. Wasn't keen to waste a training day so chucked the bike in the boot and rode it back.

Did the tourist thing and went out to the Murray/Darling junction

Then thumped it back to town via the Coomie track and a no longer used track at Merbein.

Slightly miffed, had to send my Garmin off for replacement, so I'm making do with the Strava app. Going thru the data trace and it's cut a ridiculous amount of corners of, so it only recorded 73km instead of what I'd actually covered.

Jpez

Down on the left!
You must be new to mountain biking.
When it comes to speed and confidence ... its never your fault ... it's your bike.
Easy solution: upgrade parts!!!

ha ... awesome! Where did you guys ride for the lesson?
If you're ever out at Youies then give me a yell. I usually spend some time there sessioning jumps as it's my weakest skill.
Yeah you got me! parts? pffft. I was considering a new bike! that has to make me a better jumper right??

We rode at the Youis. I ride out there most weekends with it being my local. I'll give you a shout one day. I think really my weakest skill is actually just sessioning stuff!
Im too keen on bombing from top to bottom at mach chicken without stopping to session those features that are tricky, just hoping I'll l magically get better at them.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Found a way to add more weight to my bike. ;)

Shotgun kids seat. #3 absolutely loves it. Bulk laps of the school, starting high up on a hill, then through the trees and down the playground picking up a bit of speed along the way. He kept crying out 'more, more' and 'again again!'. Was actually quite difficult to get him off it again once we rode back home!

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Yeah you got me! parts? pffft. I was considering a new bike! that has to make me a better jumper right??

We rode at the Youis. I ride out there most weekends with it being my local. I'll give you a shout one day. I think really my weakest skill is actually just sessioning stuff!
Im too keen on bombing from top to bottom at mach chicken without stopping to session those features that are tricky, just hoping I'll l magically get better at them.
Nice! haha that pretty much sums me up last year.
There were so many features like the Cressy shark fin that I rode around and was like 'yeah next time' o_O

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Holy shit! From avoiding the sharkfin/split rock on cressy to road gaps!
I need some of whatever it is he’s taking!
As soon as I bought a new bike, it pretty much rode itself .... haha!

Well it was just re-assessing what I did on my rides and figuring out what will benefit me long term. I don't plan on ever racing, just want to ride more trails in one smooth go.
So in summary, just sessioned way more and set a goal each ride. Almost a year ago I hit the first jump on Cressy for the first time and I was stoked. Then just made sure I hit something new each time I rode.
The main hurdle was the mental game. Had to conquer fears but also just rationalise them and be able to visualise myself doing the feature. There was quite a bit of talking to myself out loud and slapping the side of my helmet before hitting something new .

Was able to fit in 10 Bright, 8 Maydena and 4 Queenstown days which definitely helped.

I can't take all the credit for those photos though. Whistler trails are built so well that a lot of the features do the work for you if you stick to trail speed (especially A line ... the kickers are so long and smooth that your bike doesn't compress so much and you just sail in the air). Plus I was riding with 3 other mates, one who knows Whistler very well so he took us to a handful of popular drops and we just took our time sessioning them and slowly working our way up.

Now put a medium size DJ style jump in front of me and I'll most likely pass :oops:

Jpez

Down on the left!
As soon as I bought a new bike, it pretty much rode itself .... haha!

Well it was just re-assessing what I did on my rides and figuring out what will benefit me long term. I don't plan on ever racing, just want to ride more trails in one smooth go.
So in summary, just sessioned way more and set a goal each ride. Almost a year ago I hit the first jump on Cressy for the first time and I was stoked. Then just made sure I hit something new each time I rode.
The main hurdle was the mental game. Had to conquer fears but also just rationalise them and be able to visualise myself doing the feature. There was quite a bit of talking to myself out loud and slapping the side of my helmet before hitting something new .

Was able to fit in 10 Bright, 8 Maydena and 4 Queenstown days which definitely helped.

I can't take all the credit for those photos though. Whistler trails are built so well that a lot of the features do the work for you if you stick to trail speed (especially A line ... the kickers are so long and smooth that your bike doesn't compress so much and you just sail in the air). Plus I was riding with 3 other mates, one who knows Whistler very well so he took us to a handful of popular drops and we just took our time sessioning them and slowly working our way up.

Now put a medium size DJ style jump in front of me and I'll most likely pass :oops:
Nice! That’s some amazing progression there. Well done.
It totally is a head game all this. The coaching session I had he said he really had very little to teach me besides polishing up a few things here and there.
All I had to do really was man up and send it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Brakes arrived. Danka @Oddjob. Shuffled levers and calipers. XT levers now on the Bronson with shifter and Wolf dropper lever i spec ii'd. XT 4 pot front, 2 pot rear, finned metal pads both ends. XTR levers on the F29 with XT calipers, shifter bar mounted, finned metal up front, resin at the back. Bleed x 4. Need a new syringe but otherwise easy. Up and back in/from the funnel thing until bubbles disappear.

Test rode. Nice. New saddle on its way. Upgrades (this lot anyway) nearly complete. Need to redo the tubeless stems because my hose fitting doesn't fit properly, maybe tomorrow if I steal the stems off the XTC factory wheels. 30 odd km this weekend to see how the lefty performs.

indica

Serial flasher
Went for a ride.
With new rubber too. Maxxis Arsegay on the from and Maxxis Minion Super Sketchy on the back. So fun. Like a mullet, serious at the front party at the back. Newish track at Smithfield called Pipeline. Stupid fun.
Got through that fine and fell off (I'm old... had a fall?) 50 metres from the car. Fucked my hand and my knee.