What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My 12 is great, my 11 is bloody awesome, my 10 is bulletproof and still there 200% with 7-8yr old groupsets, several of them BTW... they will never die.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Shin pads, at all times. I have a scar from riding up in the park when I first got my BMX cruiser for racing at about 15 years ago with plenty of experience riding flats. Fucked up a bunny hop over a small thing and took a very bad chunk out of my shin. Red line 90's beartraps with 5mm long teeth.
you have "A Scar"...must be new to this riding thing
I got my first 50 scars on both front and back of my shins and calfs before I hit puberty!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Depends if they’re competitively priced or not. I’ve spent plenty there over the years, they’ll cope.

Or I just get some Shimano flat pedal shoes online...
It's what I did and it worked no worries. The shoes fit and by Huey are they ugly! Cheap though...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Pfft. 11 speed is so last week...
All 3 bikes are now 11 Spd, 11-42.. going 12 or back to 9 I’ll leave that to the cool kids. Also entry level 12 Spd does not interest me!

Stickin it to the man

Keen to hear how the Box stuff goes too
Well done for sticking it to the pair of price gouging pricks.
It was more because the black/ orange matches my build tbh! But yeah, it’s kinda like the Linux of the bike world, expect it costs more (although grabbing a derailleur off @binner helped). I do like trying alternatives though, and hope that Box stick around for the long haul to keep the big boys on their toes.

I’ve got a X0 drivetrain, a 105/Ultegra RX and now a Box, so cant say I’m devout follower of any major faith...

Will go ride just now and see how it goes.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I’m happy enough with GX now I fixed the bloody thing.... I’ll drive it til it drops :)

Was just in the bike shop drooling over a 2020 Defy with Force etap and hydro discs... Very nice....

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I do love my Record mixed with Chorus Campagnolo group. It is just so right and works really well but hates any thick chain lubes.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
nice man, let me know what you think of Gen 2 BOX shifter, I still use my push push cabled to an XT rear mech. Waiting for my 9 is alive to arrive to strap on the NS..... you got some nice goodies there!!
The shifter is pretty nice, the second lever is slightly short, but might just be the positioning needs a play. Otherwise I’m stoked with it after a ride today!

Updated the PYR thread for it:

rstim

Likes Dirt
Took the family to Derby for a ride, towed the almost 4 year old up the shuttle road on his bike with the 2 year old on the Macride. Hard work with all the extra weight but we made it up to lower flickity sticks turn off without stopping which I was pretty happy with. He then rode down most of flickity with a bit of help and a few crashes but always got back on and made it down to the carpark. Then proceeded to lap the pump track for the next hour or 2. Proud Dad and Fathers Day well spent.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
After a solid week of rain and temps barely above 14 degrees all week the trail angst was building, awoke to a glorious blue sky and a slight mist in the valley. Time to hit our newest local trail and see how she fares after days of rain and how the maxxis dissector hooks up on the wet rocks. Tyres barely left a mark in trail and nothing got too out of hand, up until last weekend it’s been a dust bowl.
Pretty happy with the result, took it steady and made a little vid along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Took the smashpot coil out of my Fox 36. Zero marks inside the stanchions, so back to the 160 air spring with luftkappe. Now to decide if a 160 on my Lizard is overkill lol

Smashpot nicely boxed up and safely put to bed for now.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Took the smashpot coil out of my Fox 36. Zero marks inside the stanchions, so back to the 160 air spring with luftkappe. Now to decide if a 160 on my Lizard is overkill lol

What brought you to pull it out @kten ? Just going back to air for a comparison, or something you didn't like with the coil conversion?

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Want to sell your Smashpot? PM if you want to shift it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk