What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

DMan

Top Bloke
Had a slow speed tip over in the rocks and put a 3 inch gouge in my Lyric stanchions.

I stared at it for a minute and considered having a little cry then thought fuckit. It’s a mountain bike. Nothing a bit of nail polish can’t fix.
I know your pain!! When I got a new set of Factory 34s on my maiden voyage my daughter accidently knocked my bike over onto a rock and I gouged the stanchions. I was brave though and didn't cry in front of her.

tubby74

Likes Dirt
hybrid bike was shifting poorly on the way home so decided to tweak that. then somehow I ended up getting gears right, changing rear brake cable and changing front brake pads.

LTIL - wrenching my own bike and having the bits in stock
LTIH - cutting cables with crap snips, and so far every one I have tried has been crap. Is there a decent write cutter out there for gear/brake cables?

beeb

Likes Dirt

Jpez

Is bad
I know your pain!! When I got a new set of Factory 34s on my maiden voyage my daughter accidently knocked my bike over onto a rock and I gouged the stanchions. I was brave though and didn't cry in front of her.
Yep I think the reason I didn’t take it too badly is because a rock jumped out and bit my lower on my first ride out after I bought the bike.
I got all my devastation and tears out then.

Those first scratches on anything new suck.

Scotty T

Likes Dirt
Managed to get a group of 5 from work going around Bruce Ridge today. One fella was pretty quick, pushed me to hit a few new records on the sketchy dry stuff. He's much newer to it than me and I reckon a lot younger, his 2017 Reign felt as light as my Bronson but I think it was med size. Told him and the other fella who was on a mid 2000's Banshee 29er HT to check out RB :)

*will remember to take a pic next time