What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Minlak

custom titis
I thought i might make a thread where you can show the things you did to your bike. Things you may not have bothered to create a whole thread for and things other people in your life dont understand how happy they should be for you :)

So to get started I added Deore Xt brakes / 180mm front Ice rotor / 160mm rear Ice rotor / Red Oury grips.

Damn my bike looks hot now ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode in the morning - Adjusted my chainguide ;)

Friday, Fitting a 7' rotor to my FR bike. For the XC bike, new shifters, New cranks, new chain, new inner cables, And contemplating 1x9

Minlak

custom titis
How hard was it to install the brakes ?
Did you have to cut the hose ?
Dead easy to install them just bolt em on .... Cables needed to be trimmed by about 200mm each for what i like but since i was never gunna sell em i cut em to suit. This also is dead easy and doesnt require a bleed if done right. You get a new banjo and olive with each set so its all there. Then just follow these instructions

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/con...downloadFile.html/02) Brake Hose Trimming.pdf

and they feel awesome :)

BlakZ

Likes Dirt
I eyed mine off as I backed the car out of the garage for work - and thought "I wish I was going for a f@cking ride instead"

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
UST rear wheel

same thing I've done everyday for the last 2 weeks. pump up my back wheel, swish the latex and put it on the bin.

SOTTA

Likes Dirt
I looked lovingly at my bike, and my other bike, and my girfriends bike when I woke up. Easy because they are all in my bedroom at the moment.. It's crowded.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I washed my new Demo for the first time and torqued all of the linkage bolts. I also tensioned the spokes correctly and adjusted the shock a touch. I then wrapped some Christmas presents with the help of my dog and looked over at my Demo thinking "My present for this Christmas was getting the okay from my wife to get the Demo!" I doubt there'll be much under the tree with my name on it this year but I'm more than satisfied. ;)

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
I put some dubbin on my leather saddle trying to soften it up a bit.