What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Re-stickered and polished the raw midschool Vortex ready to race tomorrow's charity bash for St Johns tomorrow. Be prepared for tales of woe as I rarely race 20" and have never taken this bike to this particular track. All in a good cause.

Ja-Mez

Likes Dirt
Bled brakes,
Changed gear cables - inners n outter
New Tyres.
Degreased her and nice wash..
Put flats on and refelctos
AND sold Her..sad day. she was a great bike!

Ja-Mez

Likes Dirt
received wheels at post. so excited to ride her... Erm dude 1 of 2 packages.. this is only 1... so i installed the front wheel.... Happiness Fail! lol
In the last 48hrs.
Installed xt brakes cut to length (will need a bleed! damn you gravity!)
installed from n rear derailleur
Bought a torque wrench! pimpin! so i installed my carbon bars to said tourque settings!
new grips! some fluro chunky race faces

so the assembly is near complete! missing my rotors and rear wheel! and obviously install chain!

:dance::dance:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
New 70mm stem arrived in the post along with some other goodies from crc. Took off the 50mm I was experimenting with after deciding the 90 I had was a bit long. This in between feels pretty nice first trundle around on the street but keen to hit a trail to really give it some.

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

Norco Maniac

Is back!
raced my mischool Vortex for what will be the last time for a while, last night. i'm pulling it down later today and using the parts on the newschool raw GHP frame for a while until my new parts come in.

in the meantime, it's out for a ride on the Kona shopping trolley as usual.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
As much as I love the feel and handling with a 50mm stem today I reluctantly changed it back to the original 95mm that came on the bike. If I still get a numb hand on the ride to work the 50 is going back on...probably....because I'm just such an extreme footpath rider these days ha ha.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Was time for a clean after 2 rounds of racing in flow rollercoaster and stack of dirty rides in between. Plus changed my front 2.2 purgatory to a 2.3 ground control and put the 2.2 on the back instead of the 2.0 captain. Tubeless with these is so clean and easy on my rims. First ride feels great, combined with previously posted new stem I think it's on a winner.

Tap tap taparoo sent with tapatalk 2

Like most riders easter weekends, i took mine for a ride around trails. New bars and stem have made it nicer to ride. Bit wet around there, so i will kill two birds with one stone, clean the bike and the dog at the same time. Inspiration from foxpuppet to pull it apart and give it the full works.

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
clean the bike and the dog
Gee you've just reminded me that my dog is well overdue for a bath and I was thinking of doing it this weekend!

Yesterday / Today I pulled the old bike apart, gave the frame a repaint (black instead of gold, must have been short on paint when I chose gold!), started putting it back together
Now not sure weather to keep it as spare or sell it (considering that I've got a new bike). Maybe I'll just keep it, it's not like Hubby would let me spend any proceeds on more bike stuff anyway.

Hooch

Likes Bikes
new bike and OMV

IMG_0082.jpgIMG_1198.JPG
Took my new (second hand 2011 merida 96 team carbon) bike to check out Old Man Valley. seems to be a success withe the number of people I saw riding of bikes of all types.
sadly my confidence and fitness don't match the bike yet so took it slow but it was fun, now have an excuse to get the riding back in and get back on the trails.
Oh and really friendly people riding around the course:thumb:

Pebble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had to go to work today, so I thought riding to work wasn't a bad start to Easter Sun, until I got maybe 1/3 of the way and then realized (wearing a hat) that I'd forgotten for the first time ever to put my helmet on. Idiot!
Apart from that I think I will take the 95mm stem off and put the 50mm back on now, it seems I get a numb hand regardless so may as well have a more "fun" setup.