What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
New rear tyre.. 2.25 crossmark up from the old 2.1.. suggestions for a matching front in a ust casing?
I just put a 2.25 nobby on the front of my girlfriends bike which is running a 2.1 crossmark on the rear. Not sure how it will go, but i've got some 2.1 maxxiss ignitors i can put on if she doesn't like the bigger tyre up front.

call_me_bruce

Likes Dirt
I upgraded it from 7 speed to 8 speed. See you in hell, Tourney! Well, I may just take the old stuff to recyclery bike shop.

New front and rear mech.
New cranks & chainrings
New chain
New wheels
New cables, inner and outer
new cassette
New shifters
New bottom bracket

Also brake bleed and new pads while I was at it.

I learnt a lot about bikes doing this. Don't be afraid to give it a go. Just make sure you get the right spec for everything before you buy. Research, Research, Research.

Original components still on my bike:

Frame
Headset
Brake rotors
Seatpost clamp
Saddle

dunndog

Eats Squid
Removed ailing muddy Mary from front and trashed minion dhf super tacky from rear, put new minion dhf's on both ends (42a front 60a rear), add stans tubeless goo, proper wash n lube tomorrow, ready for race on the weekend.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
cursed it.

took the new GHP cruiser out to Gawler for some mud wrestling and the right pedal was giving me grief - can clip in on one side no worries, the other is too tight and of course i'd known for a week it needed adjustment, but kept forgetting once i got it home. fell off the gate in one moto and rode two not clipped in.

and no, i still haven't fixed it but will have to before gates tonight.

ido09s

Likes Dirt
Looked at it on the bike stand and got pissed off that i dont have all the parts to put it back together and ride the damn thing :(

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
Rode it up the Oaks until this happened :(

photo.jpg

I'm thinking the chainringbolt must have wiggled loose, and then when I tried to mash some power down, the unsupported chainring just shredded!

moorey

call me Mia
Rode it up the Oaks until this happened :(

View attachment 263692

I'm thinking the chainringbolt must have wiggled loose, and then when I tried to mash some power down, the unsupported chainring just shredded!
Personally, I think there are places that alloy can stay away from on my bike, there is one, nipples and rotor bolts also. I'l take the 30 gram weight penalty thanks.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Modded a single speed guide a bit so I could keep the guide rings each side of the Alfines sprocket, as the Anthem it's on has a surprising amount of chain growth. Ran the cable and hose along top of swing-arm to lessen cable rub than Giants retarded routing. Luckily had some bottle cage mount guides, but they'd be easy to make anyway. Looks much tidier. Then took it for a test ride, only to learn that 29er wheels don't stop a steep head angle being a steep head angle when riding down/off a large rock and possibly broke little finger after going over bars.
IMG_3555.jpgIMG_3556.jpgIMG_3554.jpg

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
Modded a single speed guide...... ........ only to learn that 29er wheels don't stop a steep head angle being a steep head angle when riding down/off a large rock and possibly broke little finger after going over bars.
run a 26" on the back? or 27.5"

lower bb, slacker head angle, slide seat forward to compensate for slacker seat tube, win win?

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Modded a single speed guide a bit so I could keep the guide rings each side of the Alfines sprocket, as the Anthem it's on has a surprising amount of chain growth. Ran the cable and hose along top of swing-arm to lessen cable rub than Giants retarded routing. Luckily had some bottle cage mount guides, but they'd be easy to make anyway. Looks much tidier. Then took it for a test ride, only to learn that 29er wheels don't stop a steep head angle being a steep head angle when riding down/off a large rock and possibly broke little finger after going over bars.
I run a Yess ETR-D tensioner on my Anthem SS. It works very nicely