What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Did the accepted thing and played crash test dummie over a new track feature I installed last weekend before the rain...

Three runs over it and it works just fine.

Then I snapped a rear drive side spoke. Which wouldn't be an issue except the wheel is a five year old 1st generation Crank Brothers Cobalt. And there's no spokes in Oz and the distributor says no more are coming. I can get spokes from the Germans but $40 shipping plus $3 per spoke...

Spoke with my wheel builder who has decided that something might be possible and that it'd be fun to figure it out... since I have a spare unused freehub and the bearings are still good...why not? He's going to try to replace all the drive side spokes...maybe all of them...roughly $150. Money well spent if I get a couple more years out of them...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Didn’t ride them or even clean them or anything, Between work being spastic (thanks very much early election....) and a work trip and a mild flu and moving house, its been about 3 weeks since I laid a finger on any of them- and that sucks arse....

Priority number one this weekend is to drag my sorry carcass onto the Anthem for a lap of stromlo.

shauncwz

Likes Bikes
Converted my bike to 1x10 with an oval ring. Upgraded from a SLX shifter to an XT ispec b shifter. Cleared up the clutter on cockpit. Duct taped bilateral seat stays and chain stays for scratch resistance. Also duct taped top tube and under the bottom tube. Bike is slowly becoming stealth!! :becky:

bennyp1

Likes Dirt
Converted my bike to 1x10 with an oval ring. Upgraded from a SLX shifter to an XT ispec b shifter. Cleared up the clutter on cockpit. Duct taped bilateral seat stays and chain stays for scratch resistance. Also duct taped top tube and under the bottom tube. Bike is slowly becoming stealth!! :becky:
Pics or it didn't happen.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Cleaned them both, serviced the roadie and set up for 110km ride tomorrow with a short ride to check the gear change etc before I get to the start line.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Built the world's second dodgiest truing stand (11 minutes well spent) ans started building some wheels for the boy.

fridgie

Likes Dirt
Cracked my big ride cherry on the great (well, actually not so great) Brisbane bike ride. Biggest ride before today was 58km/1,151m elevation, today was 117.5km/1,645m elevation.

Managed the Cootha challenge, managed the distance and hills, managed to complete it while suffering from the flu...

Was pretty annoyed it took 2hrs of waiting to be able to clear the moggil ferry, am pretty annoyed my flu has escalated to a whole new level of death...

Am stoked I completed it all!!

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Rode the hardtail 18.5 km (that's a lot for me), explored a new track, and I seem to be improving in my riding, particularly cornering.