What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

kbekus

Likes Dirt
Rode the cascades trail at Lake Mountain yesterday. The weather was, um, interesting.... 6.5 degrees, the odd drop of rain, a 25m view distance thanks to fog and a 25km/h wind. Fortunately it was quite nice once in the forest. Great track, bits are technical, the climbs are decently steep but doable and parts are just flat out and fun. Awesome work to the organisers and all people involved in making the event happen.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Rode the cascades trail at Lake Mountain yesterday. The weather was, um, interesting.... 6.5 degrees, the odd drop of rain, a 25m view distance thanks to fog and a 25km/h wind. Fortunately it was quite nice once in the forest. Great track, bits are technical, the climbs are decently steep but doable and parts are just flat out and fun. Awesome work to the organisers and all people involved in making the event happen.
Weather was brutal! It was better once in tree cover but still has visibility issues with the thick foggy-rainy stuff. Some bits of the track were a hoot, but I mashed me derailleur twice on my first run so packed it in when I got back up to the top and it felt colder and windier than when I got there.

Kudos to them for putting that on though, at $10 a head with a free bar chucked in there wouldn't have been much room for a profit!

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

goobags

Likes Dirt

Disassembled, cleaned and regressed a secondhand Revive dropper as it was flogging down rain and I don’t have any brakes on that bike.

So easy to work on, very well thought out dropper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WarehouseNo27

Likes Bikes

Disassembled, cleaned and regressed a secondhand Revive dropper as it was flogging down rain and I don’t have any brakes on that bike.

So easy to work on, very well thought out dropper

If you haven't already, an adjustable dropper remote like the Wolftooth one makes setup and adjustment much easier. ;)

goobags

Likes Dirt
If you haven't already, an adjustable dropper remote like the Wolftooth one makes setup and adjustment much easier. ;)
I use Raceface 1x levers on both my bikes, the Bikeyoke did come with a Triggy though. Doesn’t feel as smooth as the Raceface but I’ll install it and see how it goes.

The Wolftooth does look good, no one sells the Magura adaptor yet though....

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Fitted a SD Components DVC to my Yari. Oh boy wow wee. I like it.

Also fitted a NS Snabb Plus to my Yari. Also like it very much. :rolleyes:

View attachment 343255 View attachment 343256
Are you running the motion control damper as well? Why did you fit the DVC?

I'm interested because I'm struggling to get full travel from my Yari and just put it in to get blueprinted at mtb suspension centre. Something like the DVC or running no tokens and a avalanche damper were the next steps.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

WarehouseNo27

Likes Bikes
Are you running the motion control damper as well? Why did you fit the DVC?

I'm interested because I'm struggling to get full travel from my Yari and just put it in to get blueprinted at mtb suspension centre. Something like the DVC or running no tokens and a avalanche damper were the next steps.

Yes, Motion Control. I don't feel the need to upgrade to a Charger2 or other damper. Last fork was a 34 Factory, and I like this Yari as much if not more. Was always looking for the sweet spot on the 34 by adding/removing spacers etc.. The Yari just works. Reviews for the DVC seemed good and it was affordable to me (was also $20 off, and still is ;)). Glad I did, range of control/setup is impressive, and the small changes I've been making only seem to make it better.

As for using full travel, my o-ring seems to be 10-15mm from the top. Not sure I've had any hits to use full travel, but I don't really mind. Fork feels great.

WarehouseNo27

Likes Bikes
I use Raceface 1x levers on both my bikes, the Bikeyoke did come with a Triggy though. Doesn’t feel as smooth as the Raceface but I’ll install it and see how it goes.

The Wolftooth does look good, no one sells the Magura adaptor yet though....

Just to clarify (you probably already know, but incase anyone else doesn't), the BikeYoke Triggy requires a fixed end (cable nipple? the small type) on the handlebar end of the cable (going by google, just like the Raceface 1x?). The Wolftooth uses a Allen bolt (similar to a derailleur) to secure the cable, which is great for adjustment/setup and does not require the cable nipple/end (the other end/seatpost end is a barrel with Allen grub screw). A Bontrager Drop Line remote is similar to a Wolftooth.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
......because I'm struggling to get full travel from my Yari and just put it in to get blueprinted at mtb suspension centre.
I'm in the same boat atm with my Yari. I've still got a few things to try though.

Btw, what's blueprinted?

Oddjob

I'm in the same boat atm with my Yari. I've still got a few things to try though.

Btw, what's blueprinted?
They basically pull the air spring apart and polish all the surfaces and match seals to minimise stiction.

Reactions: D2R

c3024446

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm, sounds like they just grease the air spring seals properly, unlike what the factory does.

Full travel on yari:
1. Remove air pressure and compress, if bottoms out too early - too much damper fluid
2. If that's ok, drop air pressure until you can get full travel where you want.
3. If it now sags too much, remove air token (if there is one)

hungrytiger

Likes Dirt
I've got a yari on the hardtail and it is ok, but still packs up with repeated hits ( running almost no compression and as fast possible on rebound). Are the SD Components DVC or the MRO ramp cartridge able to do anything about that? Or if, as I suspect, the issue is purely on the damper side then it's a pike or avalanche cartridge?

Z

Zaf

So as of this morning, I have paid (in full) the last bike I'll own for the next five years (well, until it hits Australian shores, then it's gonna sting me again with GST).
Better get the others for sale to fund this little venture; because German made, custom, Pinion gearbox frames come at a bit of a premium. It's being built for delivery approx May, I can't give full details because the model is yet to be released/announced and was offered as part of a discussion regarding their other bikes in the lineup.

Feels exciting, I've been looking at gearbox bikes for over two years now, and been holding off to see if the technology would mature any (in particular with the grip shift). Then a few things lined up this year, including just being able to use a bike with a gripshift and dispel some of the concerns surrounding it. I'm also heading back to uni at the end of the year to start the long journey towards becoming a FACEM. So I'm whittling down the stable, and getting something special that will last! And yes, even I believe that at this point, after this I hope to only buy Pinion Gearbox oil, brake pads and tyres...I've drunk enough of my own bathwater to justify it, and it will eventually become cost effective when it gets past its first 4000km.

Oddjob

You forgot the fork oil and brake fluid.

Is it a Nicolai or Bikebauer?

Reactions: Zaf
Z

Zaf

You forgot the fork oil and brake fluid.

Is it a Nicolai or Bikebauer?
Oh yeah, well, technically the Magura's have a five year seal deal on them anyway. But I have that stuff in quantity already, so shouldn't need to buy any more.

In my mind, i'm trying to justify it by saying "it costs as much as a boutique carbon frame with a full Eagle Drivetrain on it"...which is true at the moment (and a complete lie once I get slammed with taxes on it). It's probably closer to a Full Eagle drivetrain, and a spare set of the consumable parts of it. It's probably closer to 10,000km before it breaks even with Eagle replacement costs...and assuming yuo're buying the X01 stuff at Aussie prices.

Oddjob

Mmmmm nice. How's this for a justification:

"That knob Oddjob will shut his stupid trap about pressfit this, mediocre mass market that, once he finds out about my Nicolai with a gearbox.

I can then live without shame and stop taking this expensive anxiety medication."