What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Tell me more.

My mate's Bronson now runs Hope Boost cranks that I installed. And I though the chainline looked a bit whack.
Erm - I'm running off a forum post I skim read about a month ago, will try to find some details!

EDIT:
Apologies for the off-site link but not many people running the 5010 here. I would assume that the Bronson would be the same.
http://forums.mtbr.com/santa-cruz/questions-custom-5010-v2-1011002.html

Mine is definitely a lot happier now it doesn't have such wild side-loading when in the climb gears, and much less chain noise while pedalling seems to confirm. Thought it looked sus when I put it on but wasn't until later I read about them using the non-boost on 1x setups.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Some other commitments today so no riding but time for a bike of bike maintenance.

Don't you hate rushing when swapping tyres then only notice afterwards that the rotational direction is the wrong way.

Finally bled the Avids that have been neglected since the dawn of time. Much easier procedure that I thought and overall just feels much firmer.

@Duckmeister The never changed Avid front brake fluid is on the bottom and the new fluid on the top. It wasn't as crap as I expected it should have been.
DSC_0828.JPG

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the Primer for a decent shakedown after doing some gearing and tyre changes for some racing over the next few months.

Swapped out the 11-40 XTR cassette for an E-thirteen 9-46 and pulled off the next sl cranks for some XTR cranks I got through the forums with a stages powermeter. The 34t chainring that came with the cranks was fine here but for longer days I'll be going back to my normal 32. The Shimano derailleur shifts the E-thirteen cassette on the Sram driver with no adjustments needed which is cool

Also fitted a pair of 2.25 maxxis Aspen's which are bloody fast but a little sketchy when it came to the real loose and dusty.

Whole bike now sits at 12.2kg with pedals, GPS, one-up EDC in the stem and cushcore in the rear. Rides like a rocket ship at the moment. I'm getting my old Zelvy 35mm id rims rebuilt at the LBS with some DT Swiss 350 boost hubs and I'll be fitting some meaty rubber so I can swap back and forth for general trail rides and then racing. I'll be using my other cushcore in the rear there too.

And for fun, I finished building my old specialized epic with spares from the parts bin. Looks ridiculous but hey, I'll argue any bike pulling a trailer does anyway .

Flow-Rider

Burner
Some other commitments today so no riding but time for a bike of bike maintenance.

Don't you hate rushing when swapping tyres then only notice afterwards that the rotational direction is the wrong way.

Finally bled the Avids that have been neglected since the dawn of time. Much easier procedure that I thought and overall just feels much firmer.

@Duckmeister The never changed Avid front brake fluid is on the bottom and the new fluid on the top. It wasn't as crap as I expected it should have been.
You necessarily can't tell by looking at it, you need to test it for water absorption.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
You necessarily can't tell by looking at it, you need to test it for water absorption.
I'm not tasting it for nobody :)

Visual yechhhh scaling is all I can do in my very average shed.

Still looked more like a fine ale instead of a single malt if that helps.... Errrr....

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Hit up iRide at Apollo Bay for the first time in two years! I've got the best bike I've ever had, I'm riding better than ever, and The Boy and I had a fookin' blast.

I can't walk down steps any more, but it's a small price to pay.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We rode Dromana College mountain bike track, then climbed and descended Mcilroys Rd a few times... oarsum.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Finally got the rear brake back on the dually after a good clean of the pistons, for my bike.

New brakes and rotors on my mates bike (Craftworks) and a good test at the Youies.

My brakes were fine, but the front wheel not so much after pinging it off a rock on the final rock garden of Junction, just before crossing the fire road and pinch flatting the front tube. At least I've got a good reason to get taping on the dually again to get it back tubeless. Anyway some eye candy.... :D

IMAG1827-2000x1500.jpg

IMAG1828-2000x1500.jpg

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
They've still got the Easter special going on too. 20% off with Uber20 at the checkout.

And no I don't work for them.... :p

link1896

Mr Greenfield
One of my regular Saturday riding buddies who has reduced lung capacity from smoking , bought a Specialized Turbo Lovo carbon expert. My god what a rocket ship. I had a 5 minute belt, big and heavy, once you hit 25km/h the motor cuts out, but if you're suffering from any health/fitness issues, I can appreciate the benefits.

I'm going to quickly find my old fitness keeping up.