What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Rode it at the Youies, thanks to a loan wheel from moorey. Great morning for a spin and managed to sort out a few corners for next Sunday as well.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Sometimes the phone bike computer is too optimistic about your abilities but you just don't want to argue with it.

Screenshot_20180407-214240.jpg

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Lance is that you in your private jet again on the ergo bike?
Apparently I rode straight from central Sth Australia to Sydney.

I blame aliens for fooling the bike computer and making me lose my memory of said bike abduction.

mtb1611

Seymour
Hit Kessel (Camden) with 2 mates, 2 hours and 35km including the ride there and back. Great trail, great ride with great mates but my legs were anything but great! The month of the bike became readily apparent very early in the ride and despite feeling okay and heartrate/breathing being fine, lead legs were the order of the day.
Was first ride on the XT 1x11 setup (other than the aborted test ride that came to a sudden end via a snapped chain) and I must say it performed flawlessly. Gear and chainring sizing will take a bit of getting used to but the smoothness and accuracy of the shifting was very impressive; didn't even need to stop for a re-tune along the way.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I’ve got a 1x11 XT set to go on the Ibis to replace the XTR shifter 1x10 setup.

But I’m scared to move away from the 10spd XTR shifter because it feels lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I’ve got a 1x11 XT set to go on the Ibis to replace the XTR shifter 1x10 setup.

But I’m scared to move away from the 10spd XTR shifter because it feels lovely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What do you actually gain by going 1x11?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Nah, mines still killing it so no need for a replacement.

I think your overthinking things mate, just wacker on and see what happens

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
In search of @stirk at Blue Gum Swamp

No sightings today.

The swamp is nicely overgrown into double track. Did you ride down bees nest? I love that hill, you can hit stupid speeds before the hairpins:)

I'm on dad duty all weekend looking after my daughter and one of her friends. Went to jellybean pools and a drive into the park, I saw 6 'riders' walking up that hill from the creek crossing. Personally I finding it more taxing walking and pushing a bike than riding.

Yes, but I already have the XT version.

And re: what to gain, I think I'd like a 42 tooth cog out back, I can throw a 40t extender on the 10spd but then it's a git gappy.
I had 1x10 with a 42 extender and it was absolutely fine, the only difference I think between the two is the 36 on the 10 speed versus the 37 on the 11 speed and it makes for a bees dick when you're in those low range gears. To be honest the gap from 36 to 42 was never enough on some big hills!

3x is looking good again

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode Buxton, what a fun selection of trails. Some of it is reminiscent of Bright. Had a wicked time and everyone came out in one piece, and the bikes intact. Can't ask for more. :^)

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
The swamp is nicely overgrown into double track. Did you ride down bees nest? I love that hill, you can hit stupid speeds before the hairpins:)

I'm on dad duty all weekend looking after my daughter and one of her friends. Went to jellybean pools and a drive into the park, I saw 6 'riders' walking up that hill from the creek crossing. Personally I finding it more taxing walking and pushing a bike than riding.

I had 1x10 with a 42 extender and it was absolutely fine, the only difference I think between the two is the 36 on the 10 speed versus the 37 on the 11 speed and it makes for a bees dick when you're in those low range gears. To be honest the gap from 36 to 42 was never enough on some big hills!

3x is looking good again
Mrs came along so did Shaws Ridge and then out through Blue Gum Swamp.

I did consider the ST from Halcyon Road then Bees Nest but she is happier on the flatter stuff. Nevertheless the descent down Shaws Ridge isn't her favourite and was pretty dry and loose today.

The climb out of the creek crossing into or out of the park is a low gear grinder. I find the way in harder and sure feel rooted by the time I reach the small car park near the end of Little Moab.

Good going sir. I'm trying to find good reasons to upgrade but 22/34 gets me up almost anything in the Mt's. Bedford Creek with no dabs is still the one to beat and it has kicked my butt quite a few times.