What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Pretty sure my broken rib is 100% since breaking and rebreaking and probably rebreaking it but still very cautious. Dont want that again.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve broken ribs on the same side 3 times now. After 2 years they still feel ever so slightly achy when lying on my front sleeping.. Reckon this is good as they will get.. Such a shit injury..

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Gave the Hero 7 Black a go on the weekend at Youies.

For anyone who's curious on the setup: was on chinbar mount on Bell Super DH recording at 4k/60fps with Hypersmooth on and the rest set to default.

Stabilisation worked well, although will give it a go on chest mount as the head acts a bit like a gimbal. For a very windy day, the audio came out surprisingly clear.

Lactic Acid:

Cressy being chased by @beeb ft Fallen Tree

Also if anyone needs legal advice, feel free to speak to my bike as you'll see it can handle a massive case

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Haha, you are generous. Was good (trying to) chase you down though, pushed me to try a couple of lines I hadn't before and I had a good time.

Footage looks really good too, amazing how good the built in stabilising works.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry to hear about the sore ribs Switch, not a nice injury.

That footage shits all over the Hero 3+ on a chest I'm using @tkdbboy.

Had a little moment myself this morning, 50 seconds into the first trail of my first visit to Red Hill!
Got caught out by the soft sand lol.
luckily only injury was I caught the black stump with my little finger just as I let go of the bars. Crushed it and took some skin off.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Sorry to hear about the sore ribs Switch, not a nice injury.

That footage shits all over the Hero 3+ on a chest I'm using @tkdbboy.

Had a little moment myself this morning, 50 seconds into the first trail of my first visit to Red Hill!
Got caught out by the soft sand lol.
luckily only injury was I caught the black stump with my little finger just as I let go of the bars. Crushed it and took some skin off.

Damn! Darn soft sand on the outside haha

Give me a yell if you ever do Red Hill or Buxton on weekends as they're my (sort of) local

Worth giving the chin mount a go to smoothen out your footage .. I used a cheapo GoPro headband mount wrapped around the chinbar and it sits pretty secure.
Angle isn't as nice as the footage from your chesty though

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
Hit up the Youies with a few guys today.

One of our riding buddies broke his collar bone 4 weeks ago and is now designated camera man. He got some good stuff today...

Cool vid, I was out there that day also. Had a quick chat to the dude on the nukeproof. Rad to meet some fellow burners out there.

@tkdbboy that footage I saw really impressive.

I must go and ride this The Youies one day

Edit: Buxton is your local ? Lucky bugger, that trail was so much fun. I wish I could have stayed longer and ridden all of it.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt

@tkdbboy that footage I saw really impressive.

I must go and ride this The Youies one day

Edit: Buxton is your local ? Lucky bugger, that trail was so much fun. I wish I could have stayed longer and ridden all of it.
I wish it was close enough to be considered my local , but really its just over an hour away from me.
Silvan is probably closest to me ... I should really ride that more often.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Cool vid, I was out there that day also. Had a quick chat to the dude on the nukeproof. Rad to meet some fellow burners out there.
There'll be a few of us out there tomorrow as well if anyone wants someone slower to ride with... :D

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
There'll be a few of us out there tomorrow as well if anyone wants someone slower to ride with... :D
Ah damn it, if I'd known earlier! I'll be working... It'll have to be a Saturday ride for me.

Weather looks like it might be a bit hairy for you in the afternoon tomorrow though!