What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put new seals and updated air shaft assembly into the 34, serviced lowers too. Feels a little nicer at the commencement of the stroke and there's less high speed chatter, which I complained to fox and cyclonic about a few times before (yes hsc dialled all out), Maybe it's just from the lowers getting serviced, seems to work though.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went for a ride this morning, still getting aquainted with the new bike. Was going great and really enjoying the feel of the bigger, FS bike. Had a bit of a moment approaching a jump that I haven't been game to hit on my XC bike. I was distracted by a tree stump that had been rolled over to just near the approach of the jump, got offline a bit in a rut and had to correct pretty hard to the left. More distraction in the form of intense pain in my right ankle, made a very untidy landing but stayed on and kept going, thinking shit I've tweaked the old injury from when I tore off the tendon on the outside of my foot, the one that goes to the little toe. That happened when I was a kid and has had a couple of bad sprains since then. Cruised back to the car, a bit peeved because I had to nurse it back through the fast/fun section, not trusting my ankle to do it's job 100% and not wanting to fark it right up a few days before I'm due back at work.
Able to walk around OK but decided to go and see a physio who said it's a mild strain of the tendon, taped it for some stability and to rest it etc but riding is OK as long as I don't repeat that little scenario and gave me some exercises to do when it settles down.

pliskin

Likes Dirt
attached a side loading bottle cage. then discovered theres not enough room to fit a full sized bottle in the frame. i havent bought a drink bottle in years, have enough of them floating around from race entries over the years.
not even sure if its worth it, 600ml is better than no water at all, but still not enough for most rides . may have to just get used to wearing a a small camel back again.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
attached a side loading bottle cage. then discovered theres not enough room to fit a full sized bottle in the frame. i havent bought a drink bottle in years, have enough of them floating around from race entries over the years.
not even sure if its worth it, 600ml is better than no water at all, but still not enough for most rides . may have to just get used to wearing a a small camel back again.
Time for a new bike

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you seen the Canyon side loading set up? It looks interesting.

https://www.canyon.com/en-au/accessories/?category=2717#id=64195

madstace

Likes Dirt
Have you seen the Canyon side loading set up? It looks interesting.

https://www.canyon.com/en-au/accessories/?category=2717#id=64195
Do they come with fat bike cranks to get an adequate Q-factor to allow your legs to clear them? :p

I've seriously never understood the desire for drink bottles on a MTB. In prime location to collect crap which then goes in your mouth :eek: Maybe it's conditioning from having my local precious NPWS trails share grounds with a sewerage works.

Either way, just use a camelbak! The smallest start at 1.5L, an actual decent amount for a decent ride.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do they come with fat bike cranks to get an adequate Q-factor to allow your legs to clear them? :p

I've seriously never understood the desire for drink bottles on a MTB. In prime location to collect crap which then goes in your mouth :eek: Maybe it's conditioning from having my local precious NPWS trails share grounds with a sewerage works.

Either way, just use a camelbak! The smallest start at 1.5L, an actual decent amount for a decent ride.
I've just ordered one so I'll find our how well it works.

I've been using hydration packs for a long time now but keep wanting to ride without having to carry everything on my back.

pliskin

Likes Dirt

i already have 2 camelbacks . 1, with 2litre bladder, and l and a small pocket for phone car keys. the other a 3 litre bladder and senough storage pockets and clips to attatch a full-face helmet and body armor, as well being great for full day hikes with wet weather gear . on hot summer days i prefer to ride without it. its way cooler. especially at Mt Stromlo, i can refill bottle at top of hill if i need.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
New helmet day. Slightly more lurid than the website photos suggested!!

Yet still more subtle than the hi-vis orange of my bike :D

I have the exact same helmet, colour and all. My only niggle is the thumb screws are losing their grip on the visor, other than that it's a top lid :)

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Yet still more subtle than the hi-vis orange of my bike :D

I have the exact same helmet, colour and all. My only niggle is the thumb screws are losing their grip on the visor, other than that it's a top lid :)
It is certainly very very orange. But more importantly, it’s also the best fitting helmet I’ve ever had.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I have the Bontrager Rally MIPS and it is awesome. The blue one. I reckon I wouldn't have fractured my skull if I was wearing it a few years ago.
For helmets I ignore the brand and get what fits best. Something about Giant lids works for whatever shape my head is... Tried all sorts over the years.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Built a 'manual trainer' cos I can't manual to save my life. Kinda like this
but mine has the wheels on the floor. Had a play around on it and I think I need a shorter stem (has 60mm) and/or raise the stem.