What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Bloody hell - that's a nasty thing to fracture. All the best to him for his recovery.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got news that my mates old man who stacked it riding with us this morning has a fractured ankle for his efforts. Series of slippery tree roots after a decent deluge made for a sketchy section of trail.

Bugger!
Sorry to hear that. It's the time non weight bearing that can be so frustrating. Hoping it doesn't require surgery.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Finally purchased a new Minion SS to replace my current one with a fair deal of tread left (side knobs are tearing a bit), but it was going down in 30 mins due to leaking sidewalls. Bit sick of having to inflate it mid-ride.

Felt a little miffed that a new tyre is required due to something like this but then I looked up when I bought the original one.

October 2016.

No longer whinging.

slowmick

38-39"
Took it to Lysterfield at 6am this morning for a slow lap. Got to meet all the spiders and the roos. Back home at 9 to wake up the family and starting working thought the list of jobs. Quick break then back to it. At least it's easy to get a carpark in the wee hours.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Had a fun ride at Eumeralla yesterday before it got too hot. I think I've munted my rear hub. With any luck, it just needs a new axle and bearings. I'll take it to the LBS later today and see what they think.
Nope, springs in the freehub body are snapped, and they don't know exactly what brand hub it is because it's LaPierre branded...and the rim's pretty flogged anyway, so time for new wheels!

Luckily I still have a whole 'nother bike to ride while I'm waiting to get the cash together. Should only be a couple of weeks.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This weekend rather than today.

Rode You Yangs Friday night, managed to dodge the XC racers and get in a lap down Boulder, Trav’s and Cressy’s before dark. Such an epic facility to have so close to Melbourne, although ‘close’ is relative in peak hour traffic.

Saturday, put flat pedals back on the bike and took the dog down to the Anglesea Bike Park. He quickly figured out I was just doing laps and snoozed at the bottom. Wasn’t game to give the North Shore log rides around the back too much of a go with clips, but was good fun with flats and the option to bail.

Today, got in a quick squirt around the trials closer to town in Anglesea - Clandestino, Foxy, Scar Tissue, Lust for Life etc. Was a bit warm and sandy but good fun. Had a couple of rectum puckering moments with the new 800mm bars at speed through a few of the gaps between trees, but can now confirm they will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Pro tip:
Top two zip ties are for the handlebar, bottom single run loosely on your brake cable....
Hope you "enjoyed" your self!
Ha, yeah, that is on a list of things to do differently next time o_O

Along with don't start mid pack coz it takes forever to get clear track and a decent rythmn.

And, sadistically, I did enjoy myself. I rarely get to flog that bike that hard for that long :D