What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
At least the pine needles seemed to have created a soft matress to stack onto.
Looked like that other rider was trying to hide from you.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Went out to the Youies today on the new wheels. Nextie carbon on Project 321 hubs. Awesome engagement and almost silent bliss on the quiet pawls. Very happy with them!

The bike is now, 95% complete. Just the coil to go back on and she's done! It's not a horrible ride on the air, just prefer the all round feel of the coil, today confirmed that.

PYR will be coming eventually... :p

Excuse the crappy reduced quality phone photo....

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Ahhh.... Pins and needles. I may have had a fight with that exact tree....
Haha a mate has also been a victim of that tree

@slowmick it really brings out the 'oh shit' in the moment

@Chriso_29er yeah pretty hidden! That dude was taking photos (#insta?) ... hard to see in the video but he was poking out over half the space on the trail so had to slow down and go wide not to clip him

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Do you have to suck on a lollipop when riding those tyres?
As good as the Kojaks are for commuting, the shame I feel riding on slicks is comparable to when I got dressed into Lycra for my first XC race as a 13 yr old and saw the look on my father's face.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Cheers. I bought it from the Aus distributor in 2007 to do the Munda Biddi, before putting it into commuter duties, so has done a fair bit of work without complaint in that time.
Had mine since '02; bought while in the UK and built up by Merlin. Was meant to be for a bike-packing tour through China, but bird flu put an end to those plans.

Been through half a dozen different builds and a re-paint.

Don't use it for much these days, but can't bear to let it go.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First foray into "boosting" my Czar. Fork rocked up today so I installed my spare wheels from the Primer into the bike with a Rockshox boost axle in the rear for correct length. It all went together fine but these won't be the wheels and tyres going on the bike, even though the 2.6" tyre looks pretty mean up front

Will get a proper write up in my PYR thread when I've got time to have a longer play with it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Rode the Bronson and Giant hardtail back to back. Very different rides and the Bronson feels so chuckable. The hardtail though is more efficient in terms of output for input. Nothing unexpected.

Fun though.