What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I, on the other hand pulled mine apart.

Stripped, waxed and fitted a spanking new chain, making it three to rotate through. Cassette is still looking good, but the big ring is getting a bit tired.

Most of my dirt riding is done on the river flood plain, which equates to really fine powder when it's dry enough. So I cleaned that out of the forks again.

And discovered the non-drive side BB bearing is slowly dying. After 7,500km of the above mentioned dust, I'm not complaining.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Morning: Gave the 29er a good cleaning to get it ready for new wheels, which will hopefully arrive some time this week.

Afternoon: Hit Youies with The Boy. Worked on pumping jumps (had a couple of scares down the rollercoaster, but made it intact, and got much better air) and on getting my weight more over the front through corners. I found I was exiting turns noticeably faster.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Rolled a very enjoyable 15km around Stromlo this evening.

Headed out at 7pm and raced the setting sun back to the car.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We've got a camp down the beach for a while, and today a work colleague came down. I'd got him into mountain bike riding, and he'd never ridden any Redhill before, so we went out and I showed him around. My wife, who'd already had a decent swim and ran 6 kms, decided to forgo the ride and became our shuttle driver. First section was roadside trails and we started near Redhill and did McIlroys, then shuttled to Seawinds and did more roadside on Purves and the sand of Baldry's. Then shuttled to the top of Arthurs Seat, and roadsided it down to the mtb park and did a fair bit there. Then a beer at the trail head, then down to the beach, and cruise back to the camp. Oh yeah.

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Had to use a breaker bar to loosen a cassette lockring.
So funny - snapped my chain whip this weekend trying to remove one converting a mates bike to 1x. Had to go to the LBS and ask them to use their park tool version which needed to be hammered while a second bloke held the cassette tool to break it loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So funny - snapped my chain whip this weekend trying to remove one converting a mates bike to 1x. Had to go to the LBS and ask them to use their park tool version which needed to be hammered while a second bloke held the cassette tool to break it loose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if a rattle gun would have done the job?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Rode Bruce Ridge on the weekend, leisurely pace up hills as we did the Assault Bike on Friday at boot camp and my legs were fried.

Got to the end of Health Run heading downhill and my mate asked how hard I was going. I reckoned 80-90%. Was a pb by 4 seconds. In 2 runs on the new bike I'm up by about 10 percent. I slowed both ends on the rebound damping and wound the compression to a bit slower on the fork and I think it made the bike feel more stable and easy to get a pb.

This bit for confessions, lost my car key somewhere on the ride, camelbak pocket unzipped itself with my multi tool moving around. Retraced and it was on the first bit of downhill where I took off and hit a small log jump. Phew, and got another very slow but not so relaxed (til the bit after finding the key) lap.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
New wheels arrived this morning! Valves aren't preinstalled as advertised (although they are included, along with some spare spokes and nipples, so that's cool), and the tyres have yet to turn up, but that gives me time to get the cassette and brake rotors installed.