What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Sorry for spamming the thread - but I got more motivated than I expected and installed the Hopes. I had fresh discs in the sizes I needed, so took the chance to install them with some UberBike Race Matrix pads (as recommended by @Oddjob if I remember correctly) to try and keep the gentle initial pad contact of the Hopes, but get a little more power further into the lever pull. Only put a 180mm rotor on the back though, trying to give the Recon Race a chance of getting some traction.
View attachment 352038
I look forward to many tales of mad skids and stoppies.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
@Oddjob That is exactly the plan. Sort of. I'm going to run each chain for about a week (250-300km) then swap. Then I can wax all of them at once, every 3 weeks or so.

That chain ^^ was in the wax pot with two others. I was running the numbers thru my head and I reckon I will grab a fourth chain for convenience

slowmick

38-39"
Trying to hone in on my gig? Hitting trees is my thing get your own :) is the bike ok?
will pull apart the bike tonight and see why the cranks have moved sideways. hoping that the press fit bottom bracket has moved in the frame - not the aluminium insert that holds it...

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a lovely ride with The Boy down at Forrest. Figured we'd give the Casper Black trail a try. I dunno who rated it black, but I managed it no problem on my 120mm 29er (except some of the steep climby bits).
Must have changed. It definitely felt like a black XC trail with a raging hangover on a coil sprung Enduro bike in 35deg heat a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
headed out on the curve big day out sat, 80km of mostly single trk with some gravel sections, & bike path. actually enjoyed myself after clearing the traffic (100 riders) peeps kept slowing down for sml logs or if it got rough. took me 25km to join the leaders, then we had a good time. they dumped me on a bit of the eastern bike path on way home, as i was on the SS. did enjoy one guy on a cd bike getting both wheels caught up on some tree roots, bike completely stoppped & he went over

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
headed out on the curve big day out sat, 80km of mostly single trk with some gravel sections, & bike path. actually enjoyed myself after clearing the traffic (100 riders) peeps kept slowing down for sml logs or if it got rough. took me 25km to join the leaders, then we had a good time. they dumped me on a bit of the eastern bike path on way home, as i was on the SS. did enjoy one guy on a cd bike getting both wheels caught up on some tree roots, bike completely stoppped & he went over
I'm curious about the route if you'd like to share. Starting near the pipe bridge to Hans & back is a bit over 50kms for me, where is the 80, or some did 100kms I believe, come from? Would've been fun if I could keep up & trails are spot on atm.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I'm curious about the route if you'd like to share. Starting near the pipe bridge to Hans & back is a bit over 50kms for me, where is the 80, or some did 100kms I believe, come from? Would've been fun if I could keep up & trails are spot on atm.

went out nw, then down mullum mullum trail, back along eastern (u had to look for the single trk here, many were spent & bike pathed it back)

moorey

call me Mia
Cheers mate. He’s pushing for an ever better result on Wednesday for Oceanias, but it’s a big ask. Track is insane in spots. Not sure I could ride much of it myself :eek:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fitted new grip onto new bars, swapped stems, adjusted stack height, inflated tyres, lubed chains...didn't take any photos.