What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Fair point, I had a trip to Canberra years ago and managed to leave the front wheel sitting in the garage. I think I'd cry a bit if that happened on a Tassie trip.

Enjoy Boomy

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Yeah, I got bailed out by @SummitFever for a bag of coffee beans so all wasn't completely lost, I double check everything before it goes in the bag now.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
How awesome is a full suspension singlespeed! You need a proper tensioner though.
TBH I have only done my basic commute on it.
It's SS as a fun place holder until I get a new hardtail frame.

The Type 2 derailer works really well as a tensioner and is waaaaaaaaay cheaper than any decent sprung SS specific one

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Had a jolly old time at at the Youies with The Boy this morning. Smashed my time climbing up, at last partly thanks to having my tyres at 30 psi because I'd forgotten to adjust them before we started. Luckily remembered to adjust them before heading down Trav's. I think I ovaled the ends of my bars from hanging on so tight through some spots, but I rode everything (except the two really narrow gaps) and made it down in one piece.

I'm so lucky The Boy got into mountain biking. It gives us a chance to hang out, and he pushes me to ride scarier stuff than I would otherwise attempt on my own.

Y'know what they say about a man with big brake pads!

I don't wanna be the one to tell you, but that's going to get ripped apart the moment the lower arch goes above your CSU (big bottom out).
Should sit underneath the arch, between the arch and the tyre (added a pic, because it'll make more sense).

Tried for quite a while to get that to happen. Threw a fit and put it on the wrong way so I could go ride and have it work.

Now that it’s zip tied to the stanchions I’ll try flipping it under the arch.

Thanks for the heads up though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heaps....entered WAGE rd 3 at Linga Longa, with three days of shuttle prior ! Will be a great opportunity to do some suspension fiddling, take the riding at relaxed pace rather than trying to cram in as many runs as possible in one day.
Have some Zee calipers on the way, and DIYMTB have been great about me returning the unBoost fork I mistakenly ordered and upgrading to a 36mm Trace.
I was going to set the 34mm Trace to it's max 140mm travel to stick on my Fuel EX until I discovered my farkup. I already had it sitting there doing nothing so instead it'll be the 36mm version at it's minimum travel of 140mm. For Linga Longa hooning I like the low setting on the flip chip thingo but not so much the few extra pedal strikes, now will try the high setting with the 10mm longer fork and hopefully get the best of both. Or at least indulge my urge to tweak things...