What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Hey planko[ forgotten your name we met in Yack] SC Blur v nice frame.
I bought an old 26 superlite , it fitted 27.5 wheels then added 120 fork which flattens the headtube angle and a 6mm longer shock stroke for more travel and make the seat tube steeper and BB higher , eventually made it 1x 10 and its great.
What year superlight ?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Hey planko[ forgotten your name we met in Yack] SC Blur v nice frame.
I bought an old 26 superlite , it fitted 27.5 wheels then added 120 fork which flattens the headtube angle and a 6mm longer shock stroke for more travel and make the seat tube steeper and BB higher , eventually made it 1x 10 and its great.
Yeah I remember, pity that old specialized is currently ornamental. Hopefully one day itll get some use again

I wish my son's bike was a large, he's got a heckler the little sod. The single pivots would do a 275 ok I reckon, but the vpp blur would be lucky to take a beefy tyre, let alone a bigger wheel. I've been thinking almost seriously about running a 29 front, that was a thing they did back in the day and Ive always been a little curious on it.

How does it go with the extra rear travel? I would have thought it'd scrub the seat tube without the extra travel, let alone with it.

The 120 fork makes a big difference I reckon, but rear is still odd. Keen to see if I can tune it better with a cane creek, once the budget allows I might give this a shot.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Dont know what year but Superlight 3 model 2007-2013 unfortunately w the straight head tube .
Yeah the front derailleur cable guide did buzz the back tyre until I ground it off when I went 1x 10 --- now all good.
Actually went crazy and put a 26T NW for the ups and a 32T NW for the downs side by side easy to change manually.
Rear is 11-40.
None of my bikes look like any other on the planet !!

Dont know what year but Superlight 3 model 2007-2013 unfortunately w the straight head tube .
Yeah the front derailleur cable guide did buzz the back tyre until I ground it off when I went 1x 10 --- now all good.
Actually went crazy and put a 26T NW for the ups and a 32T NW for the downs side by side easy to change manually.
Rear is 11-40.
None of my bikes look like any other on the planet !!
I have the same superlight, I never considered going to 27.5. I've just done the drivetrain on it and kept it 3 X 9 so I need to keep the front derailleur.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yep its a nice light strong simple frame well executed. Never noticed that braking stiffened the suspension.
It has a shorter wheelbase than the average 27.5 noticed this when i put it on a shuttle rack.
I had it 2 x 9 for years .

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Slow to post weekend bike stuff.

Fitted one up 170mm dropper and assegai exo+ tyre (front) friday night and got in good rides Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Highlight was going to boomers for first time on Monday and having a ball. Glad I still know how to hit proper jumps because the mini mega line is fucken rad. Now have the itch to get a DH rig again (wife won't be impressed).

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Booked a shuttle spot at iRide Apollo Bay for Saturday. Last rode there when I was 16, so keen to see whether my skills have improved in 14 years of riding. Hoping that the fancier equipment will compensate for the lack of teenage courage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
Booked a shuttle spot at iRide Apollo Bay for Saturday. Last rode there when I was 16, so keen to see whether my skills have improved in 14 years of riding. Hoping that the fancier equipment will compensate for the lack of teenage courage.

Love IRide. Always a killer day down there.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah

First thing you need to know - Classic is a lot more blown out than it used to be. Still a lot of fun to ride, but much rougher than you probably remember.

It's still a blast down there, though. We're going on Sunday.