What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Slow to post weekend bike stuff.

Fitted one up 170mm dropper and assegai exo+ tyre (front) friday night and got in good rides Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Highlight was going to boomers for first time on Monday and having a ball. Glad I still know how to hit proper jumps because the mini mega line is fucken rad. Now have the itch to get a DH rig again (wife won't be impressed).
Where'd you get the Exo+ Assguy? Is that in 29? Didn't think they were out yet.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fitted a 27.2 brand x dropper on the steel hardtail and rode the scrub within distance of home - looking forward to giving it a bash around Wingello tomorrow and Stromlo on Saturday....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Put the 34t oval ring on the Giant. Feels good. I might be a marketing bullshit easy mark but I reckon it pedals like a 32 round chainring with some added top end. Riding next week is pancake flat so I will see how it goes after a couple of hundred km. Might have to shoutbit a real one and notba weird Chinese brand.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After a day of lift riding yesterday, took the oldest son down the thredbo valley trail today. Will take the little one on the skills track again tomorrow

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
After a day of lift riding yesterday, took the oldest son down the thredbo valley trail today. Will take the little one on the skills track again tomorrow
How was it? Did you ride the new bit down to the trout hatchery?

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How was it? Did you ride the new bit down to the trout hatchery?
Didnt go past the crackenback resort. Was far enough for the kid amd we got the bus back up. Some places say you can ride all the way down now but others say its 9km down and you have to backtrack bqck to crackenback to get out.

Must say as a relatively conservative rider i really liked the top half of the AM track. Slower speed but more challenges.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Where'd you get the Exo+ Assguy? Is that in 29? Didn't think they were out yet.
I'm keen on one 'o those too

Today I went to a new spot about an hours drive away, for an easy fairly flat singletrack ride to stretch my legs after another day :p bombing down steep trails at Linga Longa yesterday, partly to kill time until the bike shop opened at 10am.
Went in and got a bag of Fox rear shock volume spacers - what a rip off - I paid $59.95 for about $1 worth of coloured plastic ! I hadn't done any 'homework' on them, had no idea they are so stupidly expensive.
Got home and they are the wrong farking size, 9mm shaft (should be 12mm) didn't feel like driving back just to swap them but didn't want to wait for my next big leap in suspension tuning so into the shed I went to mod the one I wanted to try first (orange) Drilled out the centre hole to 17mm and opened up the slot with a hacksaw. Cleaned off all the shavings and took out the small spacer it came with. Fitted, was briefly freaking out when I wound the air can back in and the shock was stuck down. Google results say 'you must take it to a Fox service center' or something equally WTF.
Wound it back out and moved the lockout lever back to the open position and bingo all good. Set sag and ride off small drop, hmm dunno need to go for a proper ride tomorrow.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
I
Went in and got a bag of Fox rear shock volume spacers - what a rip off - I paid $59.95 for about $1 worth of coloured plastic ! I hadn't done any 'homework' on them, had no idea they are so stupidly expensive.
Rockshox fork tokens are almost as ridiculously priced. Somebody with a 3D printer could make a killing on the black market, were they so inclined.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rockshox fork tokens are almost as ridiculously priced. Somebody with a 3D printer could make a killing on the black market, were they so inclined.
I woulda made a shock spacer from a nylon cutting board if I'd known I was going to end up drilling and hacksawing the bought one !