What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Another day, another ride (Marley Beach & singletrack).

Got to sample a mate’s demo set of Crank Bros Synthesis E11 Carbon wheels:

Having ridden his DeVinci on the OEM wheelset, I wondered what was going on when I just jumped on it at the start of the day without noting the new wheels. It’s a bit of a rocket, and they feel nice.

The P321 internals are choice.
Wheels 100% complete a bike. They're the only component I'd upgrade before the originals broke.

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shuttled iRide in Apollo Bay yesterday. Think we ended up doing about 14 runs by my count.

Fern Gully is possibly one of the best trails I’ve ridden. Period. The steep rocky chute down the fern lined creek bed is pure white knuckle adrenaline.

Otherwise, lots of very 90s dry and dusty hand cut trails. Minimal jumps, drops or features but the trails all interlink so can put together combos of your favourite trails. The North Shore track is a good challenge too if you like that kind of butt-puckering thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Loooooove iRide....just watch out for Fern Gully if there’s a hint of moisture. Was offered a spot for tomorrow...but ribs not ready yet. :(

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Went out the back of Stromlo to deep creek the easy way today. Took a mate I skate with who's done a handful of mtb rides, his second time at Stromlo.

He was on an early 2000's Avanti HT which we'd call completely XC these days, mid range thing with a decent for the time Manitou fork and Magura Juicy brakes which are by far the best part of the bike. He rode some proper chunder out there and walked some too but a great effort.

I just rode every rocky shitty line everywhere and only dabbed once on a stupid mistake on an easy section, as you do. A good day.

Attachments

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Diesel Mechanic. But I'll have a go at cutting hair if you want to take that risk haha
Very desperate need for a trim at the moment. Hasn't been done since November.

That set of jumps is always a bit of fun @foxpuppet! I wiped out in there when they were fairly new - berm was softer than I realised and I blew through it into a tree. Did you have get around much else there?

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
If you can squeeze in 12342, do it, as the last 2 is worth it.

And 5 has a excellent view
Nah, we did 6>9>6, another loop of just 6, and then 7.

Rookie mistake leaving 7 until last. That is a fuckin' brutal 5km. I was thoroughly cooked for about the last 3 km, but managed to make it down in one piece, and even had fun doing it.

I wouldn't have been able to do it even at the start of the year, but losing a good amount of weight (plenty still yet to go, but it's a good start) and working hard on my fitness and climbing paid off; I was powering up stuff I would have had to walk before now. And I rode a whole lot of stuff blind that I would have hesitated at, or just gave up and walked down/around, a year ago. My riding has progressed so much lately, neither I nor The Boy can believe it.

It was a lovely sendoff for The Boy's Strive (he's selling it and moving on to something yet to be determined after he comes back from Mt Hotham, where he'll be working over winter), and we're both very glad we were finally able to make it.