What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I've got those exact scales too, got to bounce the load around and get a median measurement.
They must have fat margin of error +/- 400gms I'd guess.

Get an external routed dropper, I prefer not to drill holes in good frames either.
I don't have a reverb for it which sounds like I might as well have no dropper anyhow. Most of the trails I'd done haven't felt like I'd need one, Loftus, Mill Creek, part of Knapsack and few others maybe. I will seek counseling to remove my ludditey tendencies :)

moorey

call me Mia
I've been continuing to fine tune the Spitty. My Crest wheels use a Specialized 142+ rear hub which in typical Specialized "lets just be different for the hell of it" has the cassette on the drive side spaced 2mm further out, in theory to give a better spoke bracing angle on the drive side. I suppose it gets you 2/3 of the way to Boost without needing a new frame, but it does have the side effect that on certain frames/dropouts the cassette lockring can rub or foul the frame/dropout.

Long and the short of it, on the Spitty it only clears by a bees dick which is not ideal. As a result, today I took the dropout off, stuck it* (literally) in my CNC machining center and machined a 1mm deep recess 32mm in diameter centered around the axle. This won't affect the strength of the dropout and there's still plenty of meat left to provide a positive stop on the endcap when inserting the wheel. (* for little machining jobs like this where the workpiece is hard to clamp but has a suitable flat surface, I will stick it down to the table using blue 3M masking tape and superglue - works a treat).

The first time I ever tried 27.5, it was with a set of the 142+ (fuck you Specialized). I used a 2mm spacer on the drive side. Wasn’t ideal, but worked well enough. Fortunately you’re not Gumby like me.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
What's the lower bushing overlap like? Last time I compared Reba and Rev uppers the Rebas had much shorter stanchions. Original Reba/Revs might be the same though. Any details on which versions?
The uppers were almost identical in length. Maybe 2mm difference at most. The Rebas are around 2009-2010, Revelations are 2014 or 2015.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
What the inside of a Lev dropper post looks like. Surprised by the amount of dirt that got past the top seal. Now let's hope I can get it all back together
Pretty easy to re-assemble. Just make sure the red alloy KS cover clips in properly. They can eject pretty easily when using the post. I run a thin zip tie around mine to make sure it doesn't disappear.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode it and had one of those days.... The good one - feels like your on epo & testosterone, all lines work, you float and flow, always looking for a harder gear, the shit eating grin you end with lasts hours.

Given the worst rides are still endorphin producing - these rides just take you to another level of fuck yeah!