What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

NOSIGN

Squid
Ouch - were you wearing it at the time ?
Yeah, I was wearing it at Harcourt (La Larr Ba Gauwa). I blew all the air outta my shock (old seals/ picked up a second hand bike) and stuffed up my entry onto a double on track 2 at the same time then fell on me nogg. Hard hit.

Thanks to the three blokes who gave me a hand up and picked up the go pro from the bushes. Unfortunately the battery was flat just before start of track 2.

Apart from a sore neck I’m in good shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went and checked out the green loop at the newly opened Wild Mersey section (yesterday). Good bit of fun, a nice gentle climb and a fast flowy descent back to start with a couple jumps (props Trailscapes crew, enjoyed it).

Headed back down to Warrawee trails for a quick loop, got to top, tried to put power down whilst shifting and went for a good tumble over the bars with an onlooker. Got up for round two and massively overshot a jump 1/2 way down, forks made a lovely cracking sound & now creak rocking bike backwards/forwards. Wonderful. Edit: Video evidence for your viewing pleasure. Doesn't sound as bad in video as it actually did.

Last edited:

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a newer Intense Primer while I had the Turner too. But this one will be taking over xc responsibilities in this instance. Poor Turner, I just got the creaking issues sorted out too!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Had a newer Intense Primer while I had the Turner too. But this one will be taking over xc responsibilities in this instance. Poor Turner, I just got the creaking issues sorted out too!
Just saw your MTBR posts. You've been watching them for quite some time!

To make you feel a bit better the nut on the end of the rear axle was loose within a couple of weeks on my Trek too. Tightened it then and haven't touched it.

Which frame do you have? NM or SL and what's the difference?

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just saw your MTBR posts. You've been watching them for quite some time!

To make you feel a bit better the nut on the end of the rear axle was loose within a couple of weeks on my Trek too. Tightened it then and haven't touched it.

Which frame do you have? NM or SL and what's the difference?
Yeah, I've been interested since they were first released. But the opportunity to pick up one at a decent price just came up and I pulled the trigger. It's an NM frame so a different carbon layup which is a touch heavier than the SL, I think 100g or something?

As for the issues over on MTBR, I'm well aware and I'll keep on top of them. The rear axle retaining nut being one and the top link bearings moving in the link and wearing it out being another. There's a ghetto fix for the top link over on MTBR involving making a brace between (a bit like the stock Primer link) and there's another person who's fitted wider bearings in. Intense's fix was to epoxy the bearings in so they couldn't move but as a mechanic, I know if there's room for a bearing to move, epoxy ain't going to stop it. The wider bearing fix looks like the way to go, meaning the bearing can't move internally in the link.