What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Ackland

chats d'élevage
The new shock and a few bits I needed rocked up today so I quickly put it together after I got the kids into bed.

This is in its XC spec, 100mm front and rear.

Weight as it sits, 10.82kg, a little lighter than my Turner. I'll usually run a lighter front tyre too but seeing as it's winter at the moment the Forekaster has been a good trade off.

Trail build will get my Fox 34 at 120mm so an extra 300ish grams from memory. The 120mm rear shock is only 20g difference...I weighed them both

Formula 33's in ultraviolet

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Just looking on Formula's site, the 33 looks like its still only 15x100 and isn't available in Ultraviolet. The Selva is but is a bit over gunned for what I need
Been doing exactly the same, with the same conclusion. They look THE Shiz if they do come in boost.

@Ackland small roots and small rocks are my local staple, I've read the Formula mucketing, how supple in the first couple centimeters are they in the real world?

Last edited:

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Don't carry a quick link and a chain breaker when you ride?
This was a “bugger the backpack, I only have an hr and a half”
That turned into 10 minute ride followed by half our walk to car followed by half hour return trip to shop then half hour ride.

Got one decent run down into temptation creek to test some changes I made to my fork then it was a climb and slow dark fireroad pedal to car.

It also turns out 90psi and three orange tokens is abit too much. It was quick but I didn’t use half my travel :(
Might try to one token and 95psi, see how that goes.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dropped my Fox 34 to 120mm and put it on the new bike to try. Just need to shorten the front brake hose by a smidge and I've got seal kits for the calipers to rebuild them after a noticed the rear pistons were all coming out unevenly.

Also ordered a new rear clutch mechanism for the derailleur since it's at the end of its adjustment after nearly 5 years of solid service.

11.2kg with the Fox 34 (120/120mm)
10.8kg with the Fox 32SC (100/100mm)

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Mate’s tall missus has been riding on a too-small 26er for a while, likes MTBing a bit, wanted a new bike, was willing to spend up to $1.5k.

Ended up recommending this which she’s bought:

1x, dropper, her size, 29er, modern geo. It’ll be a safe thing & keep her interest up.

Blew her budget by $400 but I think it is worth it.
It's beginning to disturb me how Polygons are starting to look really not shit. I'd got so used to the metal origami by designer with anger management issues look.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Might try to one token and 95psi, see how that goes.
Dude , you know a bit about bikey stuff... start from scratch, no tokens set sag to body weight then work on increments from there, if you start with one token and it doesn't feel right you'll end up tinkering with HSC/LSC and then end up back tracking on previous settings and end up confuddled.