What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
More info? Xd / HG? Size? Speed? Cost? Link? Please.... :)
It's a ZTTO 12 speed HG but you can get them in XD too. They also make 11 speed cassettes. Google.
Yep BK is correct. It's a ZTTO 12 speed HG, in 11 to 50, all steel except for the 50, and it weighs 360g and cost $300.

I've just installed it with a new NX chain and yeah the rear end of the bike feels much less like a paper weight than it did with the 620g NX cassette. Reducing unsprung rotating mass by over a quarter of a kilo, is heaps and just picking the bike up, it feels even front to back now.

The back pedalling is not fixed, testing it on the stand, with the 50 tooth cog derailing 95% of the time with usually about one full reverse rotation, sometimes a bit over a half rotation, sometimes weirdly not at all. The largest steel 42 tooth, almost never derails... to do it you have to spin the crank backwards pretty hard. The smaller gears, not at all. I'm no expert, but I think I can live with it. I can't ever remember back pedalling while spinning up a steep pinch in granny, it's just not something I do. Regardless, I just hope it doesn't end up catastrophic failure, deep in the bush on a 40 degree day, with water at a premium.

I've only tooled around on the street, just before the rain hit, and was only focussing on its shifting and back pedalling, and I could not get it to derail at all. It shifts gear very well, as good as the NX, I'd say.

Anyway, hopefully the rain will eff off, and I'll be able to hit some local trails.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
have gone from this

to this.

laced up the front during the week, new brake hose and bleed..tested today
no issues, but I now think its a little too big for me with the 29+ height.
anyone want to buy a fatbike/29er+?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Finally got out on the dirt today almost 9 weeks after breaking my wrist in Radelaide...Did mostly greens only 15 kms or so (as I am not meant to be doing anything "high impact' for another few weeks), but so good to be in the hills on the trails!
Bet you got wet and muddy. It was horrendous down our way today. Heading out to fox tomorrow, so hopefully it's manageable.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Rode it! Youies again, which was like riding in a hurricane today, but still had fun and it was nice to get back out after a couple of weeks trapped at work.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode it in the rain, broke it. 10min into ride, massive tear in sidewall. Chucked a tube in and continued. Probably shouldn't have. Made it all the way through the ride, figured i'd hit up the jumps, sent the last big wallride in the wet and- oops. Front slipped out on the wall, fell a good 2m onto my shoulder (& the bike). New Sun Ringle wheel didn't last long.

Skywalker

Likes Dirt
Replaced the Guide R's with XT 4 pots and icetech rotors, put in a Fidlock bottle system in and replaced the stock Norco stem/handlebars/grips with some Sam Hill Nukeproof stuff.

Attachments

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Drove across to Harcourt for the 3rd round of the Goldfields XCO series. Young bloke took out the dirt squirts again and it looks like I missed the podium by 1 spot this round.

Damn I love Harcourt, it never disappoints. Also, super fast and tacky after the rain!

How's the 'modern' geo treating you?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Rode Red Hill because it is the bestest. Weird results from yesterday's mild tsunami though. Fall Line fine, best conditions for riding Deadwoods I think I've ever ridden, Crits covered in standing water but no noticeable difference to grip (may not have been going fast enough) but Pins was pretty sketchy. Whatever, still excellent.