What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Did some shuttles at Bright yesterday. Much airtime (for me)! Fun.

The Microshift rear derailleur did shred is cable though. It rubbed a gouge in its body with the angle it runs to the fixing point and the cable shredded on it. Back to the XT me thinks....

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Did some shuttles at Bright yesterday. Much airtime (for me)! Fun.

The Microshift rear derailleur did shred is cable though. It rubbed a gouge in its body with the angle it runs to the fixing point and the cable shredded on it. Back to the XT me thinks....

View attachment 354395
That's a bit of an oversight isn't it?! Far out, you'd think an issue like that would come out in testing.

At least you had some fun tho, how good is hero onto shred Kelly?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

wkkie

That's a bit of an oversight isn't it?! Far out, you'd think an issue like that would come out in testing.

At least you had some fun tho, how good is hero onto shred Kelly?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
You would think so! Along with the other chain jumping issues, this could be the end of the non S experiment... Saying that, I know others that have had a similar issue with Shimano, but haven't come across it myself...

Bright was good fun. Upper Hero is rough! It was a nice breather on the hands to get some air time of the tabletops.

Upper shred was ok, but I preferred down DJ. Couldn't really go wrong with either though. And lower shred was a great way to finish!

gillyske

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I snuck in a LTR too.

I'd been Cyclingdeal shopping this morning too, and picked up a few bits and bobs including a YBN S12 12 Speed chain to try out on my new ZTTO cassette which was changing gears very ornerarily. I was going to order a ZTTO chain to see if that improved things, but a few internet people were saying they were just rebranded YBN, so off to Cyclingdeal I go. Anyway, it definitely shifts better, I wouldn’t say it was perfect, but definitely an improvement. Just looking at the YBN, it makes the NX look pretty agricultural. Anyway, fingers crossed, it keeps on keeping on.
I'm pretty keen on this ztto cassette, question though, what derailleur are you using?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I'm pretty keen on this ztto cassette, question though, what derailleur are you using?
The derailleur is a SRAM 12 speed GX.

The ZTTO is replacing a ridiculously heavy 620g NX cassette, and the dynamics of the bike is much improved. The ZTTO weighs 360g and it is easy to tell that over a quarter of a kilogram of rotating unsprung un-centralized mass is now gone. The rear suspension feels much better, the bike pops off stuff better and it accelerates better. I wasn’t so happy with its shifting, but swapped out the NX chain for a YBN and it has improved, plus I think more to the point is I now know where it is clunky (going from 36 to 42) and I now just give it a thumb full down there and during yesterday’s ride I had zero issues. I reckon, now I know where it is clunky, and how to overcome it, I could use the NX chain and get away with it.

But this should be taken in context, as it’s only been on the bike for just over a week, and other than tooling around the back streets, I’ve only done 6 hours and 22 minutes of actual mtb trails, so hardly a definitive test.

Not sure how strong it is, as I’ve already had to straighten one bent tooth, but the stupidly long cage did pick up a stick at speed, and I’m pretty sure that did the damage, not the crappy shifting. The clicking started as soon as I turfed the stick.

But if I could magically swap this all out for a 2x10, with 11/36 cassette and a 32/22 chainring, I would in a heartbeat. But alas, the industry is telling me what I have to use, even if I think it is total crap, so I hope the ZTTO lasts, cause there is NO WAY I’m going back to that NX 620g POS.

gillyske

Likes Dirt
The derailleur is a SRAM 12 speed GX.
The ZTTO is replacing a ridiculously heavy 620g NX cassette, and the dynamics of the bike is much improved....
NO WAY I’m going back to that NX 620g POS.
Ok so its an improvement over the NX except for shifting. I'm running a gx derailleur with an nx shifter, so i think i might experience the same thing, will get a ztto chain whilst im ordering from aliexpress.

wkkie

I did a little work on the Uberbike brothers... I ended up fitting a 50mm stem and gave the lowers a service while I jacked up the fork to 180mm on the Craftworks ENR, thanks to @tkdbboy.

On mine, I went back to the trusty XT rear derailleur and still to fit the X-Fusion Vengeance while I give the Durolux a service to get some compression adjustment back.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode for 4 hours at Tewantin / Wooroi / Noosa whatever it’s called the trailblazer into secrets was lots of fun and educational. I learnt not only does my son climb better than me he gets way more air on the way down too.
Spoke N Trail did the hire of a couple of Specialized. Beers from Noosa Brewers and fish chips completing a great day. Actually had an awesome family holiday on the sunny coast...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Rode for 4 hours at Tewantin / Wooroi / Noosa whatever it’s called the trailblazer into secrets was lots of fun and educational. I learnt not only does my son climb better than me he gets way more air on the way down too.
Spoke N Trail did the hire of a couple of Specialized. Beers from Noosa Brewers and fish chips completing a great day. Actually had an awesome family holiday on the sunny coast...
Yeah, we rode hire bikes there last year, or was it the year before... getting old and it's all blurring together. We were just talking about heading up to the Sunshine coast to visit some relos, and then maybe fitting in a Tewantin ride while we are up there.

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, we rode hire bikes there last year, or was it the year before... getting old and it's all blurring together. We were just talking about heading up to the Sunshine coast to visit some relos, and then maybe fitting in a Tewantin ride while we are up there.
There is a new trail 2 months old we were told called trailblazer it was pretty awesome I must say make sure you check it out...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Last night I did the shifter hack to make a dropper post lever, thanks to Plank. And tonight I fitted it, and far out, it is so very easy to use. Wow, zero effort, and up and down the seat goes. I feel like my bike is done now. It's time to just ride it.

Last edited: