What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Minlak

custom titis
So I decided to stop selling off chainrings and cassettes with very little use and start changing chains at the right times. Chain measures just over 0.5 stretch ok put new chain on.
Front chainring grinds like a $2 crack whore on a strippers pole. It is on the Norco Torrent and it was designed with a 30t round in mind but I have been using a 32 Wolftooth oval. Ok so just buy a new ring - Nope no one had 32t oval boost in stock - Ok smart move take my 32 Absolute off the smuggler and put it on the Torrent - Nope Absolute is more aggressive oval and hits on frame. Sigh big ride coming up Saturday running out of time. Look around shed find a 32 round fir that up no more grinding.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
not sure if it rained saturday night, but it was about as dry as it gets this time of year...hopefully the log trucks keep away and its still there for a while, i heard it was supposed to get logged last season so not sure how much longer it'll be around.
Funny... It was entirely under cloud and fog and was a mist of rain while we were riding, the bottom sections were suuuuper slippery, and the road in was really wet with big puddles etc so must have had a decent fall on Saturday night. And yeah - I read the sign saying it was set to be harvested by 2020; wish I'd got out there sooner aha!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
So I decided to stop selling off chainrings and cassettes with very little use and start changing chains at the right times. Chain measures just over 0.5 stretch ok put new chain on.
Front chainring grinds like a $2 crack whore on a strippers pole. It is on the Norco Torrent and it was designed with a 30t round in mind but I have been using a 32 Wolftooth oval. Ok so just buy a new ring - Nope no one had 32t oval boost in stock - Ok smart move take my 32 Absolute off the smuggler and put it on the Torrent - Nope Absolute is more aggressive oval and hits on frame. Sigh big ride coming up Saturday running out of time. Look around shed find a 32 round fir that up no more grinding.
Is it a NW or oval thing I wonder? Had the same thing on a Reign that was running an Oval NW. Decided to put a new chain on at 0.5 as the time before I'd let it go too long and Oval NWs are expensive. It was fucking terrible.. Didn't mesh for shit. Yet just put a new chain on my wife's bike, at waaay over 1.0, as I underestimated how many kms she'd done. The bike runs an X-sync 2 chainring and I was surprised there was no issues at all.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not to mention the matching jersey/knicks.

Not sold on the green gloves tho......
Jersey/Knicks are a one piece skin suit, super comfy. I wore out my nice black gloves and my wife insists I wear these out before I can buy new ones

Both my kids came along to race this one too. My eldest looked a little down at 6am when we got up to leave and we just put it down to being early. He ended up being sick twice on the way across, insisted he still race (in his trackies and jacket), came second, then went back to the car and fell asleep. Was sick a further 3 times on the drive home the poor guy. Daughter did one lap and decided she was done and just played for the rest of the morning. I had an awesome battle the whole race, good times!