What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I know that spot... there's a steeper drop to the west!
And the gully I found not long after!

Much more exploring to do, I was already late home and still trying to figure how to escape without backtracking all the way back.

Others amongst us are working with Parks Vic to make it official. One of the biggest hurdles is keeping the MX bikes out. To be fair, if I was one of them I'd be pissed to be locked out, it's a cracking place for a dirt bike

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Just paid for my fork and shock service done by Cyclinic. Thanks Aiden. Had a new CSU and Vorsprung fitted too. I hear setting sag is a bit difficult so do vorsprung users here just set it by feel? I'm expecting to lose about 3-5mm of travel and run about 10psi more than I used too... Can't wait to refit them and take the bike for a spin seeing I wasn't happy with the suspension feel before it went away...

slowmick

38-39"
Cleaned her up after Sunday's ride in the rain, mud and ice. watching the little speckles of surface rust spray of the chain and cassette as I spun the cranks was pretty cool. Again Rock'm'roll blue went chunky on the chain in the cold night air. Winter is hard on the drive train.

Last edited:

mark22

Likes Dirt
Just paid for my fork and shock service done by Cyclinic. Thanks Aiden. Had a new CSU and Vorsprung fitted too. I hear setting sag is a bit difficult so do vorsprung users here just set it by feel? I'm expecting to lose about 3-5mm of travel and run about 10psi more than I used too... Can't wait to refit them and take the bike for a spin seeing I wasn't happy with the suspension feel before it went away...
Didn't up the psi with my Lyrik after fitting one, didn't need to.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Picked up a little something today and took a lot of photos and started putting some bits on it.

I'll do a full write up with lots of detailed pics in the coming days for you people that are looking at Marino frames.

So far, so good though. Headset went in easily, all the threads have been good and rear wheel alignment is nice.

Hopefully it'll be ready to roll for Friday!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Craxle. Anyone in Canberry got one kicking around I could borrow? Ordered from MTB direct and hoping it gets here for weekend but might not.

nathanm

Eats Squid
Started building/swapping the parts off the partners HT to a nos 2012 Anthem frame.

So far so good, fork steerer just long enough as are brake hoses. Just gotta hope chain is the right length and everything will be a straight swap.

Pics to come.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Here at Tathra, this morning we found a new way into the main trails near our digs... started on Soft Sally and then climbed up to the fire shed and rode the trails on the other side, good fun in there. After three hours we were ready for a beer and some ribs at the pub. Then climbed back up to the top and an hour and a half later popped out near the pump track. It looks really different now since the fire. Excellent. Then went fishing at my good spot but only got bites. Might have a spa, the legs are toast.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I went on a bit of an adventure...train to Wyong, ride to Ourimbah, climb the road, push sections of the dh. It was a reminder of how unfit I have become!

I haven't ridden at Ourimbah for a year and wow was there some changes! The new flow (? Is that still a thing?) line at the top is fun and fast, the first big jump on the dh track has switched sides and gave me a last minute surprise, the construction underway on BK express looks interesting, and you bet I passed out on the big step down at the bottom! Overall it was good to get back there. I used to ride that place a few times a month and really enjoyed it.

I also nearly ate shit on the afore mentioned new section at the top. The place is very dry and dusty. I powered into one of those berms a touch hard and a submerged rut threw my front tyre sideways, seat jammed up my arse, both feet off the pedals, it was real rodeo show! Managed to save the front wheel and rode out.

It was also the first outing of my fox proframe. After about 9 months sitting in the shed I can say it was a purchase well made.