What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
replaced it with a new fangled Maxxis Dissector.
How'd it go ? Been thinking about one of these for my rear as its touted as an awesome dry rear tyre. If they are good enough for Brosnan to run front and rear on UCI DH worlds... then good enough for a hacker to run as a rear.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Fox Creek in SA for shuttles with my boys and the new rack, seen quite a few similar racks today, 2 x PigDog 5's and 3 x Shinglebacks.... mine was the only SingleTrail rack. So much easier....

A nice break in the wet weather for everyone, the place was packed... back to rain tomorrow.

View attachment 355240

View attachment 355241
What's easier with the single trail? I'm in need of a rack soon and can't decide what to go for, but 10 year warranty and the ability to fit 20 inch wheels has the shingleback in front at the moment. My boys are 2 and 4 in Dec so I need something for the little wheels for a while.

ozzybmx

What's easier with the single trail?
Loading and unloading !

It was so easy today, no worrying about where which bike goes, no specific 'hooks' for each one, no storing of hooks for the rack, no issues of top tube rubbing, no moving wheel spacing.... my ISI rack is awesome for what it's specifically aimed at and has done me well for 10yrs.

The ISI will still be here for specific events eg; the missus taking my 2 boys to an XC event, a fatbike/4WD event in the Simpson Desert and the transporting of bikes on the front of our caravan.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Loading and unloading !

It was so easy today, no worrying about where which bike goes, no specific 'hooks' for each one, no storing of hooks for the rack, no issues of top tube rubbing, no moving wheel spacing.... my ISI rack is awesome for what it's specifically aimed at and has done me well for 10yrs.

The ISI will still be here for specific events eg; the missus taking my 2 boys to an XC event, a fatbike/4WD event in the Simpson Desert and the transporting of bikes on the front of our caravan.
Ah sweet I thought you were comparing the single trail to the competition. The vertical racks do look very easy to use.

ozzybmx

10 year warranty and the ability to fit 20 inch wheels has the shingleback in front
Speak to Mitch at SingleTrail, he custom made the hitch to accommodate my need to drop the tailgate, a good bloke and will go outside the square to make it right.

The singletrail rack has a built in stabilizer, so its not just a simple job of drilling a new hole to extend the drawbar.

ozzybmx

Ah sweet I thought you were comparing the single trail to the competition.
Hmmmm... I did a lot of research and comparing, the wobble and stabilizing 'devices' of the Shingleback and SpotX were a major factor... and after today, I got to see the difference. I am not ratting them but I spoke to all 3 manufacturers via email and telephone... Singletrail was the best by a decent margin.

rstim

Likes Dirt
Hmmmm... I did a lot of research and comparing, the wobble and stabilizing 'devices' of the Shingleback and SpotX were a major factor... and after today, I got to see the difference. I am not ratting them but I spoke to all 3 manufacturers via email and telephone... Singletrail was the best by a decent margin.
They do look like a quality bit of gear with some great engineering with the anti rattle hitch and pivot mechanism. I do believe he is working on some adapter's to fit smaller wheels in the future too, as a mate enquired recently after I told him about the single trail rack.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
How'd it go ? Been thinking about one of these for my rear as its touted as an awesome dry rear tyre. If they are good enough for Brosnan to run front and rear on UCI DH worlds... then good enough for a hacker to run as a rear.
First ride today in dry, dusty SEQLD conditions. Rolling speed is fine compared to the 2.4 Trail Boss, probably equal to each other. Both of those are waayyyy better rolling than the DHR 2.4 WT I had before...that was riding thru sand all the time, good shuttle tyre, bad to pedal tyre.

Grip was interesting. I didn't expect so much of it tbh. There is so much grip at the back I found it was pushing the front hard and breaking its traction before the rear causing lots of sketchy understeering. The Vigilante 2.6 up front has been reliable and predictable in its grip so far but I have noticed a drop off in performance the past few weeks mainly on edge grip so not really fair to be down on it, it has given good service. Putting an Assegai on the front this week so that'll be a better test of all round grip then.

Braking on the Dissector is better than the trail boss.

The Dissector is pretty lightweight too, quite a bit lighter than the WTB.....I didn't weigh them but I could feel the difference holding them. Wouldn't run the EXO Dissector without an insert. Cushcore and the Dissector felt about the same weight as the WTB Trail Boss by itself lol

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
First ride today in dry, dusty SEQLD conditions. Rolling speed is fine compared to the 2.4 Trail Boss, probably equal to each other. Both of those are waayyyy better rolling than the DHR 2.4 WT I had before...that was riding thru sand all the time, good shuttle tyre, bad to pedal tyre.

Grip was interesting. I didn't expect so much of it tbh. There is so much grip at the back I found it was pushing the front hard and breaking its traction before the rear causing lots of sketchy understeering. The Vigilante 2.6 up front has been reliable and predictable in its grip so far but I have noticed a drop off in performance the past few weeks mainly on edge grip so not really fair to be down on it, it has given good service. Putting an Assegai on the front this week so that'll be a better test of all round grip then.

Braking on the Dissector is better than the trail boss.

The Dissector is pretty lightweight too, quite a bit lighter than the WTB.....I didn't weigh them but I could feel the difference holding them. Wouldn't run the EXO Dissector without an insert. Cushcore and the Dissector felt about the same weight as the WTB Trail Boss by itself lol
This is excellent to hear. I grabbed one last week but have not fitted it yet. Assegai up front has been brilliant. Aggressor on the rear can go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

waayyyy better rolling than the DHR 2.4 WT I had before...that was riding thru sand all the time, good shuttle tyre, bad to pedal tyre.
I'll keep an eye out for one, currently rolling the same as you were, DHR 2.4 WT and DHF 2.5 WT. I like them but definitely open to suggestions.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Dragged it thru a swamp.......

Well, actually, I raced it. The first of our two 'endurance' races. It's funny how knowing the race is two HOURS plays with the mind. It's only 30-40 mins longer than the lap based races, but a few of the guys who normally finish before me crashed and burned. Think I finished 4th, maybe even 3rd.

The race was actually pretty damn good. Turned out to be 1hr 45 of power and speed, then 15 minutes of pure concentration when the rain hit and the river sediment turned into an ice skating rink. But I can now confirm I'm faster in the twisties than all of them, which means I'm not having to find as much power coming out of the corners as I'm already at speed.