What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Fixed the dropper. Its been slow and sticky for yonks and I assumed a cable or something. Turns out it was the little activation knob thingy on the end of the cartridge itself - patiently dribbling silicone spray down into the shaft past the knob and repeatedly working it resulted in a perky post again. Nobody likes a droopy post..

Put the flat pedals on, almost went for a ride on what was a perfect bloody day for it. But walking the pooches wore me out...

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fixed the dropper. Its been slow and sticky for yonks and I assumed a cable or something. Turns out it was the little activation knob thingy on the end of the cartridge itself - patiently dribbling silicone spray down into the shaft past the knob and repeatedly working it resulted in a perky post again. Nobody likes a droopy post..

Put the flat pedals on, almost went for a ride on what was a perfect bloody day for it. But walking the pooches wore me out...
Is that standard Giant one?
My giant shaft loves to be well lubed

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Is that standard Giant one?
My giant shaft loves to be well lubed
Yep, the contact switch s or something. Almost binned the cartridge and spent $100 on a new one, glad I persevered :)

But it’s nice to reinvigorate the relationship with fresh lube and newfound perkiness.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Dragged it thru a swamp.......
View attachment 355260

View attachment 355261

Well, actually, I raced it. The first of our two 'endurance' races. It's funny how knowing the race is two HOURS plays with the mind. It's only 30-40 mins longer than the lap based races, but a few of the guys who normally finish before me crashed and burned. Think I finished 4th, maybe even 3rd.

The race was actually pretty damn good. Turned out to be 1hr 45 of power and speed, then 15 minutes of pure concentration when the rain hit and the river sediment turned into an ice skating rink. But I can now confirm I'm faster in the twisties than all of them, which means I'm not having to find as much power coming out of the corners as I'm already at speed.
Oh dear, that looks like a big post-race service job.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Today was slacko cruisy riding, from Kew Boulevard out to Burke Rd and back... love the ridge line, when just metres below, punters and roadies are oblivious to the nearby single track fun. The bit near the freeway is awesome too.

It was still more riding than yesterday, where I fell asleep on the couch and slept most of the afternoon.

Getting old.

slowmick

38-39"
Another amazing sunny August day. Took the bouncy bike out to Lysterfield. Wanted to be excited at having the big girl back but just had no get up and go. muffed easy lines, had no flow and just wasn't feeling it. Gave up after an hour and half and went home. Need to get back to doing more technical riding.

No place to complain - there was a young bloke laying on the comm games descent after the really big table top waiting for an ambulance. Had a good collection of mates around him though.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Finished the temporary build of the hardtail.

Waiting for some bits to turn up still, then once everything's arrived I'll be changing the wheels, forks and brakes. Currently running a 40mm stem as well, but I had a 50mm in mind when I worked out the lengths, so I'll see how that goes for now.

Also not quite sold on the silver cables, they were meant to be more gunmetal and the grips are a bit out there too. May be a little thin for my liking, but I'll know after tomorrow morning!

Full details in a PYR will turn up eventually... :)

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Dragged it thru a swamp.......
Heard it was interesting. Saw a few times and could tell it was a struggle.

The key to the 3 hour at Coomie is committing beforehand to at least 6 laps before the 3 hour mark...and then nailing a 7th. If the track is perfect then eight laps are possible...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Finished the temporary build of the hardtail.

Waiting for some bits to turn up still, then once everything's arrived I'll be changing the wheels, forks and brakes. Currently running a 40mm stem as well, but I had a 50mm in mind when I worked out the lengths, so I'll see how that goes for now.

Also not quite sold on the silver cables, they were meant to be more gunmetal and the grips are a bit out there too. May be a little thin for my liking, but I'll know after tomorrow morning!

Full details in a PYR will turn up eventually... :)

View attachment 355281View attachment 355282
Wild (good) looking paint finish. Hoping to see this out on the trails one day soon!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Heard it was interesting. Saw a few times and could tell it was a struggle.

The key to the 3 hour at Coomie is committing beforehand to at least 6 laps before the 3 hour mark...and then nailing a 7th. If the track is perfect then eight laps are possible...
Track was perfect until the rain, then I was hunting for puddles to try and keep the tread blocks clear. Between the end of the Back Straight and Lenny's Logs was the most slippery part, plus anything that was dried flood plain.

Can't wait for September. Every strategy I employed worked really well, another lap and I reckon I would've caught BJ :D

smitho

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode Lysterfield. Swapped out the Rock Razor on the rear for a Hans Dampf the night before. Spent half the ride pumping it up with a stupid little mini-pump. Tubeless valve was all gummed up with sealant and wouldn’t seal properly.

Loved the semi-slick when I first put it on in the dry. Noticeable difference in rolling resistance and no discernible difference in traction when it was tipped over.

Was at Lysterfield a few weeks ago with the semi-slick which was a proper handful in the mud so made the change back to the Hams Dampf. Was expecting it to feel like a slug with the extra rolling resistance but was pleasantly surprised. The extra grip when not tipping it in hard and straight line braking was really noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Washed the off my bike, put some of the Krush products to the test. Took a photo then decided to go for a third ride for the day and get it dirty again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You'll never be able to wash off the jealousy.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Moved the NS Clash (my commuter) to 32 front and 11-42 out back with a GoatLink. Was 34 front and 11-36 out back.

NS Surge is nearly done, just need to figure out seat post, seat and cut the brakes lines when the bleed kit arrives.

And yeah, Reverb has gone full retard. Not even a dozen rides on it since it was rebuilt (February 2018) last year. I had two huge crashes in August last year, moved interstate and the bike sat in storage. Only rode it again last Friday and the bloody seat wouldn't drop. It is stuck up with about 10mm of up and down play. Did a bleed, no change :/

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Rode Whistler the week before.
Consumed much food and booze (especially maple bacon jesus christ its so good)
Started hitting stuff I didn't think I would.
Got too confident, went OTB and fractured my right shoulder.
Flew home.
10/10 would fracture again.
Will be back next year.