What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

moorey

call me Mia
Threw my hat in the ring to take my bike to over for the 2020 Trans NZ Enduro. Struggled to write the words to suggest letting a 47 fat bloke have a go was a good idea. Now to spend the next few days thinking of ways to sell it to my wife for the off chance I get lucky. That discussion may seriously limit my future chances of getting lucky :)
Good luck man. Get fit, it’s a big 5 days. Most fun I’ve had on a bike. Hope to get back for a 3rd go when Felix is 15.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Threw my hat in the ring to take my bike to over for the 2020 Trans NZ Enduro.
Nice one Slowmick, get some climbing training in... I know 4 blokes from here in Adelaide who did it in 2018... its a weeks vertical climbing for a decent rider, every day ! Great commitment.
Pay good attention to the compulsory equipment/gear requirements. You need a waterproof jacket with hood, my mate didnt see the 'hood' bit till the last minute.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Tonight I got together the rear wheel for the hardtail. It's 25mm internal with a 2.6 DHR2. Ideally I'd like something wider, but I'll wait until this dies first.

I also fitted some home made rim protection after my last visit to Clarke Rubber. It's (mostly, pretty average cutting) 55mm wide and I took to it with the Stanley knife to try to get some sealant flowing and possibly take out some weight. Not that it's overly heavy. Unfortunately I don't have anything to weigh it with right now.

It's some kind of closed cell foam which is 20mm thick. It doesn't hold liquid, which I found out after my highly scientific test of about 24 hours submerged in water and the water level was the same before and after.

Topped it up with about 120ml of Mitas sealant and finished it off with a new Uberbike tubeless valve.

It'll have it's first run tomorrow and I'll hit it with some of the rocks out at the Youies.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Threw my hat in the ring to take my bike to over for the 2020 Trans NZ Enduro. Struggled to write the words to suggest letting a 47 fat bloke have a go was a good idea. Now to spend the next few days thinking of ways to sell it to my wife for the off chance I get lucky. That discussion may seriously limit my future chances of getting lucky :)
Awesome mate - bucket list stuff! You have the right idea though; asking for forgiveness rather than permission

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Component failure?

What fork is that?
Fork is an Alpina.

Not a failure as such, it did fail but was impact related... had a head on with an absolutely clueless ebike rider taking the "frenchline". I was going downhill maybe 25kph she was powering up oblivious to all around.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Fork is an Alpina.

Not a failure as such, it did fail but was impact related... had a head on with an absolutely clueless ebike rider taking the "frenchline". I was going downhill maybe 25kph she was powering up oblivious to all around.
Congratulations on being the first on RB to have a head in with an ebike?
Thats a shit go.

The bikes awesome though! Such a rad commuter when not broken

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Was that because you were trying to show off to the ladies, or because you were trying to keep up with them?
Showing off on the downhills and being pushed on the uphills, they can both smash out the climbs better than me.

heading down to Canberra on the long weekend, we are staying at the caravan park next to bruce ridge..going to be awesome, going to show the little shredders where I first rode Mountain bikes (back in the day when the local bushwalkers used to dig pitfall traps and string wire across trees)
Yeah it's so rad having that accommodation there, it's about a km ride from work to get there for me. Luckily the bushwalkers and riders have made peace, it's dominated by riding now but I see occasional walkers.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Congratulations on being the first on RB to have a head in with an ebike?
Thats a shit go.

The bikes awesome though! Such a rad commuter when not broken
Haha, and this was a section of straight bike path not even blind singletrack.

Sourcing another fork might prove problematic, luckily I have more bikes.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
It's been a miserable winter without much riding for me. I've been getting out a bit in the last couple of weeks, though. Sunday I did a 12.5 km loop of Kurrajong, and somehow got a Silver around track 16. Put in a bit more effort yesterday and got a PR, as well as taking 4 minutes off Sunday's time for the whole loop. And I'm fatter and unfitter than I've been in months. Weird.

Scotty675

Cable thief
After a long 4 week wait for a di2 cover for the new bike, parts arrived and finally got to throw the leg over the pivot switchblade. WOW was it worth the wait. First 29er dually and definitely made the right choice. Still got a few things to set up the way I like them and experiment a bit more with pressures but this bike sure is planted. One happy biker here.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Luckily the bushwalkers and riders have made peace, it's dominated by riding now but I see occasional walkers.
I remember when I was about 16, having to find a payphone for a fellow rider that succumbed to one of the said booby traps and had come off and busted his arm..Ahhh those were the days!