What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Owned this Independent Fabrications frame since 2012 and have always said, it will be the last bike/frame to ever leave me. Sadly it has spent 2 years hanging up with no components on it.
So, I'm selling my roadie as I dont ride it anymore, to get a more Gravel/Dirt commuting bike, Im looking at all the options... and the geo starts to get strange... the new "gravel bikepacking" bikes are basically a 2012 HT geo... WTF !!!!
Back in 2012 I had no idea what my bike would be like forever, so I copied the geo and frame build from a Niner MCR9 (Magic Carpet Ride), I was currently riding a Niner ONE9 singlespeed and this was the same geo only steel. Absolutely loved the bike, a few gears, rigid and it was awesome...

All the new drop bar bikepacking bikes are around the same geo... the only thing is they have tapered headtubes and thru axles.

Next thing I got all slack and loved my slack geo trail and enduro bikes, the IndyFab felt twitchy and un-jumpable... thus it was retired to the bike hanger. Still... I would never sell it.

Next thing, I'm doing the full 900km Mawson trails and looking a bikepacking/Gravel bike... well its been rebirthed and its amazing. I have been riding it for 2 months now and have about 500km on it as it is, rejuvenated and back to 100%... the last bike I will ever sell if they all went.

With the new trend... which im loving of slack head angles, this at 70.5° looks to be spending the rest of its life as a commuter/bikepacking machine.

900km Mawson trail in 5 weeks, bike is ready... rider not so much.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Owned this Independent Fabrications frame since 2012 and have always said, it will be the last bike/frame to ever leave me. Sadly it has spent 2 years hanging up with no components on it.
So, I'm selling my roadie as I dont ride it anymore, to get a more Gravel/Dirt commuting bike, Im looking at all the options... and the geo starts to get strange... the new "gravel bikepacking" bikes are basically a 2012 HT geo... WTF !!!!
Back in 2012 I had no idea what my bike would be like forever, so I copied the geo and frame build from a Niner MCR9 (Magic Carpet Ride), I was currently riding a Niner ONE9 singlespeed and this was the same geo only steel. Absolutely loved the bike, a few gears, rigid and it was awesome...

All the new drop bar bikepacking bikes are around the same geo... the only thing is they have tapered headtubes and thru axles.

Next thing I got all slack and loved my slack geo trail and enduro bikes, the IndyFab felt twitchy and un-jumpable... thus it was retired to the bike hanger. Still... I would never sell it.

Next thing, I'm doing the full 900km Mawson trails and looking a bikepacking/Gravel bike... well its been rebirthed and its amazing. I have been riding it for 2 months now and have about 500km on it as it is, rejuvenated and back to 100%... the last bike I will ever sell if they all went.

With the new trend... which im loving of slack head angles, this at 70.5° looks to be spending the rest of its life as a commuter/bikepacking machine.

900km Mawson trail in 5 weeks, bike is ready... rider not so much.

View attachment 355731View attachment 355732
Are those Middleburn rs7 or rs8 cranks?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Gotta say, I read that whole post waiting with baited breath for the “but sadly the time has come to sell it...” so I could put my hand up

Beautiful frame and looks like an awesome new iteration of it in that guise

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Second short ride on flats with unsuitable shoes... Muscles I didn’t even know I had in my feet hurt! And taking it easy given how sketchy it all feels.

Proper shoes hopefully here before next weekend.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Second short ride on flats with unsuitable shoes... Muscles I didn’t even know I had in my feet hurt! And taking it easy given how sketchy it all feels.

Proper shoes hopefully here before next weekend.
Try not to claw the feeties. It doesn’t help you hang on and makes the feet ache.

What pedals might I ask?

Drop them heels!

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Used BOM Radar, to ride Lysty, and avoided the rain. But it must have rained there more than I thought, as the Buckle side was sodden. I felt guilty being out there. But soon got over that as Middle, Redgum and Hug were perfection. Only three other riders out, sweet.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Rode it around the Pilliga in NW NSW for the Westpac rescue chopper with 95 of my new best mates. Cracked halfway round the 47 km loop due to intermittent deep sand, 30 km/h headwind, a couple of tricky hills, poor fitness and improper fuelling. However, a rest and a metaphorical kick up the arse got me going again to finish in a smidge over 3 hours.

Also took a few chips out of the new paint job when the Twinzer's back wheel tried to eat a brick sized rock...

...it was a good day. The Tour De Gorge is always good.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode it whilst sick, reaffirmed with self that doing so was a terrible idea.

Somehow also had the compression/lockout on 2018 35mm Revelations reverse - open is now closed, closed is open - which has me puzzled. If anyone has any tips/ideas, would be appreciated.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
No support in street sneakers and feeling like I’m about to slip off at any second = much clawing :)

eBay specials https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com.au/ulk/itm/202757954988
I tried a set of those in Xpedo branding. I hated them, felt like i was standing on not much but the axle and everything else had been polished and then smeared with grease.

On the flipside, a mate has them and loves them.

I suspect with some very long Allen-key grub screws installed and running some shoes with a very solid sole they'd be okay, but still many better options IMO.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Used BOM Radar, to ride Lysty, and avoided the rain. But it must have rained there more than I thought, as the Buckle side was sodden. I felt guilty being out there. But soon got over that as Middle, Redgum and Hug were perfection. Only three other riders out, sweet.
Hows the bike though, that place is hard on the bike in the wet!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I tried a set of those in Xpedo branding. I hated them, felt like i was standing on not much but the axle and everything else had been polished and then smeared with grease.

On the flipside, a mate has them and loves them.

I suspect with some very long Allen-key grub screws installed and running some shoes with a very solid sole they'd be okay, but still many better options IMO.
I did feel like I could feel the axle... But on soft sole street shoes, withholding judgment until the Shimano flat pedal shoes arrive.

It’s all just me experimenting for no good reason. Hoping I learn some skills or I unlearn some bad habits and probably will go back to cleats...

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
How's the bike though, that place is hard on the bike in the wet!
Yep, for sure. The bike, and I were sodden and totally covered in muck. Buckle was awash really. The high dry side was good though, and grippy as. After the ride, I had to completely change my clothes, as there was no way I could get back in the car like that. When I got home, my kids looked at me, and both laughed out loud, as my face was covered in it. Anyway, rinsing out my riding gear in the laundry, I was amazed at how much sand there was in the sink. Which might explain why it is so hard on the bike in the wet. BTW, I washed my bike as soon as I got home. And am drying my helmet, gloves, camelback and shoes on the hydronic panels, for tomorrow. I know it's not kosher for the trails really, but I just love the slipping and sliding. It adds another dimension to the ride.