What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Had a slow speed tip over in the rocks and put a 3 inch gouge in my Lyric stanchions.

I stared at it for a minute and considered having a little cry then thought fuckit. It’s a mountain bike. Nothing a bit of nail polish can’t fix.
I know your pain!! When I got a new set of Factory 34s on my maiden voyage my daughter accidently knocked my bike over onto a rock and I gouged the stanchions. I was brave though and didn't cry in front of her.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hybrid bike was shifting poorly on the way home so decided to tweak that. then somehow I ended up getting gears right, changing rear brake cable and changing front brake pads.

LTIL - wrenching my own bike and having the bits in stock
LTIH - cutting cables with crap snips, and so far every one I have tried has been crap. Is there a decent write cutter out there for gear/brake cables?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spent the afternoon working on the bikes outside which was glorious!
  • Cleaned both bikes (they really needed it)
  • replaced a busted tyre valve
  • installed a new dropper and lever
  • converted the new bike from tubed to tubeless (didn't bother aligning words with valves...)

Jpez

Down on the left!
I know your pain!! When I got a new set of Factory 34s on my maiden voyage my daughter accidently knocked my bike over onto a rock and I gouged the stanchions. I was brave though and didn't cry in front of her.
Yep I think the reason I didn’t take it too badly is because a rock jumped out and bit my lower on my first ride out after I bought the bike.
I got all my devastation and tears out then.

Those first scratches on anything new suck.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Managed to get a group of 5 from work going around Bruce Ridge today. One fella was pretty quick, pushed me to hit a few new records on the sketchy dry stuff. He's much newer to it than me and I reckon a lot younger, his 2017 Reign felt as light as my Bronson but I think it was med size. Told him and the other fella who was on a mid 2000's Banshee 29er HT to check out RB :)

*will remember to take a pic next time

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Just ordered new gloves for me (been awhile since I wore gloves now, gonna feel weird), new gloves for Mrs Ultra (shit yeah doughnut gloves!), new helmet for me, and new grips, also for me.

Spent abit more than I anticipated. I shouldn't visit MTB direct after a shit day haha