What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode it in a new spot for the first time, was excellent.
Got home and found my rear thru-axle had started to back itself out! First time that has ever happened.
Must have been all the crazy You Yangs rock gardens.

And a video for any that have not seen the You Yangs thread.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Dropped my lad off at the Festival Theatre for his choir performance, and rode the River Torrens trail to the beach and back.

Was thinking of dusting off the roadie for it, but slapped myself and jumped on the hardtail.

It was in the middle of the day, so all the 'pros' are already gone, but geez those roadies are soft. There I was on a fat tyred, squishy watt sapper flying past a procession of full aero mega buck racing clowns.

Fun day on the tarmac.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Went down to Eumeralla to check out the new Grasstrees trail. They've put a lot of work into it! There's some stuff to jump off, a super-tight berm section that will be really good for improving the way I let the bike move sideways under me while trying to keep my body moving in a straight line, and a challenging little rock garden with some bastard tight turns. It'll be good to have stuff I can't ride well, but that won't kill me while I try to learn it and improve my skills.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Dropped my lad off at the Festival Theatre for his choir performance, and rode the River Torrens trail to the beach and back.

Was thinking of dusting off the roadie for it, but slapped myself and jumped on the hardtail.

It was in the middle of the day, so all the 'pros' are already gone, but geez those roadies are soft. There I was on a fat tyred, squishy watt sapper flying past a procession of full aero mega buck racing clowns.

Fun day on the tarmac.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
that Reid is a tidy little rig for the dollars..looks like fun

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Went for a ride, was feeling great, then had the biggest crash I've had in a long time.
Not bloody happy, but doesn't appear anything is broken (and the bike seems fine!)
Well that sucks (good you and bike are okay though). What happened?

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well that sucks (good you and bike are okay though). What happened?
No idea :D
3rd run down Cressey's (first 2 were fine) and coming through the rock garden it was suddenly like i was riding a bucking bronco, the bike was just going everywhere. Eventually completely lost control and ended up on my back at the last rock slab, looking back up the track...

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Weekend in Forrest.

Tasty, tacky dirt. Got some proper elevation in for a change. Rode the southern trails for the first time in years. No magpies, no snakes & a few beverages in the sun.

My youngest got the fear a couple of years back but seems to have got her mojo back after a little arvo trundle yesterday.

Big roadie ride came though town this morning as I was finishing up and the rain was rolling in. LTIL hundreds of roadies heading off at the halfway point into big rain. Hehe
A63F4E9E-52E8-4198-938E-0550771CA137.jpeg

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Must be the day for it. Some of the MTB gentlemen proposed a ride at Camden River. Coming off a bigger ride yesterday but I pulled up OK and couldn't resist :)

I have never got out there before but have to say it is an damn fun place to mess around on MTBs. If loamy, twisty ST is your thing with scattered drops that you rail around berms and bridge crossing under a shady cover. Lots of shaded trail under leaf litter.

Not a lazy ride though, you got to work it and crank up and down the river bank. You don't get to go too fast overall. Best done with narrow handlebars. I'll get to that.

Had a funny crash, if you could call it that. I've been snagged on the Handlebars or cranks leading an endo a few times. I rarely loose traction and slide and crash.

The trees have viney lantanas snaking all over them. I snagged one the left handlebar and up my shoulder. I stopped, bike kept going and did a 10/10 back flip and stood itself upside down in the left litter. Nice.

Then I followed dumped on the ground next to it. Happened in about 1 second and only minor knee claret, a lantana neck hanging bruise and no bike damage. I did have a lantana thorn stuck on my cheek that I didn't know about until someone noticed. Woohoo, sort of.

MTB'ing is done for today.
Screenshot_20190915-132811.jpg
DSC_2491.jpg

Last edited:

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
No idea :D
3rd run down Cressey's (first 2 were fine) and coming through the rock garden it was suddenly like i was riding a bucking bronco, the bike was just going everywhere. Eventually completely lost control and ended up on my back at the last rock slab, looking back up the track...
Ah the ol' Cressy rock gardens - where a 10cm different line choice can change things immensly! Definitely lucky to come out unscathed as there's not a lot of options if things start going pear shaped in those.

Last edited:

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Weekend in Forrest.
Big roadie ride came though town this morning as I was finishing up and the rain was rolling in. LTIL hundreds of roadies heading off at the halfway point into big rain. Hehe
amy gran rondo today along coast then inland & back to torquay