What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Was given a fang on one last week. The owner knew I could ride so set it to full hill climb power. Inside the hall was a good 25 meters, and from a rolling start the thing was still accelerating when I ran out of room :D

Wicked fun
These are public ride share ones you unlock with a phone. A euro to hire and then 15 cents a minute. Flat out at 20kph and you need to get it going manually before the motor kicks in - stops you accidentally hitting the throttle and having it get away.

So pretty idiot proof but still fun!! Hope it’s still where I left it when i go back out this this evening....

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
First ride with the coil too and it was so good. Really ironed out the small bumps and had great composure in the high speed chatter and braking bumps.

True test will be on the home trails, which are vastly different to GV
Its taken me 6 months to work out the HSR and the bucking effect. I am 4 turns into a max of 4.5 turns on a Cane Creek DBil coil shock, its a stand off between good pop, too much pop is buck and on the opposite end is Flat... at my age I don't need an unexpected pop. Flatish feels good...

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Rode with just one other at lunch, was our new to mtb guy and he smashed a few times, got some confidence and didn't blow up on the climbs as we took it really easy. He's already talking about full suspension new bike time but also appreciating learning on the hardtail. Fully hooked.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Its taken me 6 months to work out the HSR and the bucking effect. I am 4 turns into a max of 4.5 turns on a Cane Creek DBil coil shock, its a stand off between good pop, too much pop is buck and on the opposite end is Flat... at my age I don't need an unexpected pop. Flatish feels good...
Agree, I like the flat, muted feel in the rough. Don't need any unexpected pops either!

Haven't had any bucking effect, with the rebound set on the slow side of the middle. The shock I have on at the moment only has rebound, so not many options for tuning. Felt pretty good, although i'm running a 500lb spring and only getting 20-25% sag. Will run it over the weekend on some rocky terrain and see how it goes, but keen to feel the difference with the 450lb spring I have and see if I get any bottom outs. Once I swap eyelets with the RCT i'l have some LSC to play with also.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Report please - I'm about to pull the trigger.
Great fit (for me).
Easy build.
Feels natural handling.
Aside from that, I was just doing repeats on a section of trail trying to setup the shock and fork so no proper ride report yet.
Will setup a PYR in the next week I reckon.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Nice - I'm changing for the roomier fit of the new XL, plus all the other little improvements over the LS.

I needed quite a lot of pressure at 6'3" 95kg (240, 250psi) , adding a volume spacer helped the bike sit higher more of the time. Chuck at Ibis is still recommending this if you're a bigger guy.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
No that'll be on the market.

Frame will anyway, luckily the rest of the bits will swap over. Although I might get a longer dropper while I'm at it.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Nice - I'm changing for the roomier fit of the new XL, plus all the other little improvements over the LS.

I needed quite a lot of pressure at 6'3" 95kg (240, 250psi) , adding a volume spacer helped the bike sit higher more of the time. Chuck at Ibis is still recommending this if you're a bigger guy.
I'm just under 6'2", 82 kegs and the XL is a good fit for me with a fairly central saddle. I don't mind a low position on the bike though so if you like more upright positions you may be fine still on the XL. Ibis have always been short and this XL isn't a monster despite the longer reach.

I'm shocked (ha!) to be running 250psi for 25% sag already. A bit of pedal bob in open mode compared to my Czar but I'm still working through the shock setup so not a fair call at the moment. Initial impression is that the Fox DPS could be underdamped.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Is it an XL?
Yes

I'm just under 6'2", 82 kegs and the XL is a good fit for me with a fairly central saddle. I don't mind a low position on the bike though so if you like more upright positions you may be fine still on the XL. Ibis have always been short and this XL isn't a monster despite the longer reach.

I'm shocked (ha!) to be running 250psi for 25% sag already. A bit of pedal bob in open mode compared to my Czar but I'm still working through the shock setup so not a fair call at the moment. Initial impression is that the Fox DPS could be underdamped.
Yeah I've got the saddle pushed all the way back, so seated riding puts me a fair way back from the BB. A little more bike in front on the steeps would also be nice.

Other than the fit issues I've really enjoyed it, deals with a lot of variety despite the lack of travel.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
This was a great eye opener for me tuning my X2:

TL;DR - max out your HSR (I.e as slow as it goes), and time with the LSR only. Only back the HSR off if you can’t get things fast enough with LSR fully open.