What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I ride at macedon a bit... Not today though, unfortunately sworn to secrecy on this spot. Might pay to check Jpez strava though...
Macedon is a blast!
You should come to a Youis shuttle day. Usually a few Burners floating around.
Ah damn. Funny, thought I recognised that skull in the tree, must be mixing things up in my head!

TBH Youies shuttle days haven't really appealed to me given it's a short hill and close enough to home for mid-week pedal ups after work, but I'll keep an eye out any time I'm surrounded by pines, and maybe ping you guys if I'm heading to Macedon solo any time soon.

slowmick

38-39"
Took two of them out to the You Yangs for the shuttle day. After the last effort where the shock exploded first run I was taking no chances. Had a great day filled with runs on Cressy, Trav's and Lactic Acid. Managed to finish the day by clearing the 3 doubles at the bottom of cressy - big smiles. Bike stayed together and i stayed on it.
Had my grumpy old man moment asking a bunch of about 10 kids to move off the top of the Westgate jump. suggested they should stop somewhere else. Got a while bunch up lip that they were going to hit it. Suggested they were going to get hit by the next rider if they didn't move.more lip.
These guys were only outdone by the young kid who tried to ride up the down ramp of the downhill start platform and fell off. He fell on his back and his bike fell on him. His mates got to him before i did. There was lots of tears and sobbing. Was getting pretty worrying until he stopped sobbing and asked if anyone got it on video...
A wonderful day to spend my Sunday.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Bit of a mixed bag this weekend. We were camped on the Murray for a family weekend, so on Friday, on the way up we rode the Echuca Moama MTB club trails and then the trails near the bridge. Then yesterday we rode some riverside trails at Murray Bank and then later the Edwards. Found an amazing deserted camp on the Edwards river ride. Then on the way home we dropped in at Marysville and had another go at the bottom half of the Cascades section of the Lake Mountain to Marysville trail. This time we rode up next to the Taggerty River and then up a firetrail to get to the trail. Will definitely go back for sure but will need to be shuttled or drive up/uber back up, not sure which one, but want to do the whole thing one day. It was nice having a heap of variation, from dead flat to steep as fvck.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ll take $2.50.
I rode it out, 100% on my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Actually now that I look at it I think you just put your bike up there and did a front endo. For a second I thought you had jumped it.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Actually now that I look at it I think you just put your bike up there and did a front endo. For a second I thought you had jumped it.
Even the endo would be sketchy! But he definitely jumped it and rode it out

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Not really today as this started on Saturday. We raced a section of track I'd not raced before, basically a foot high mound into a meter deep drop through a creek bed. Tricky to get right, even harder at full race speed, and on the first lap I landed HARD on the nose, nearly sending me over the front. Raced Sunday, rode to work then home Monday, Tuesday I notice I haven't used full travel on the route that I use specifically to tune the fork. Hmmmm.

Pull it apart last night, and all looks fine and moves perfectly while apart, but not when back together. WTF. Pull the damper out again and the bladder is bulging when I compare it to the photo in the Service Manual. I think the big hit has pushed fluid somewhere it shouldn't be, maybe blowning an o-ring in the process.

I don't have a Charger Bleed Kit, or the supplies so all I could do was dribble some fluid out to stop the bladder expanding against the inside of the upper leg, which was what was preventing full squish. I'm about to get on it and find out how well that's worked.