What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Need to look into how to protect it now. Thinking any type of frame skin product would just eventually take the pen with it when it peels off?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Need to look into how to protect it now. Thinking any type of frame skin product would just eventually take the pen with it when it peels off?
Clear coat spray maybe? Not sure if the solvents in there would damage it tho, so you'd need to test it first!

BT180

Max Pfaff
Clear coat spray maybe? Not sure if the solvents in there would damage it tho, so you'd need to test it first!
Was thinking that, but have no idea about that stuff so will need to ask around.

New frame time.
Yes, sorry that was a Rotorburn faux pas wasn't it.

That frame goes into a vacuum sealed chamber suspended above the marital bed where it belongs forevermore.
haha yeah, first thing someone said to me yesterday was new frame time and wall mount for this one.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
was going to go for a good session today, had about an hour up my sleeve before I had to pick up my boys from their bike skills training.
was about 5 mins into the ride when some kid started following me..
when I stopped to put my sunnies in my backpack, he asked me if I could come over and have a look at his friend as he had just fallen badly off a rock drop, and there was no other adults around (why would he assume that I'm a responsible adult?)
he then ever so calmly states that his friend may have a broken back..Oh goodie, there goes my arvo ride.
so we tracked back and scrambled up the rise, to find his mate flat out, and slightly mangled..one of his other mates had already called the ambo's and had them on the phone, so he handed it over to me to take over..didn't really do a great deal other than provide reassurance and make sure that he wasn't going to go into shock..
first response para was there in about 30 mins, provided basic ambo stuff, but the poor kid was fresh out of luck with the drugs, as old mate was actually on his way home and was not carrying any meds!..had to wait another 15mins for the ambo's with some fentanyl.
after about an hour, 2 fire and rescue crews, a first response paramedic and another ambulance crew we managed to get him onto the spinal board and stretcher.
it took 12 people to get him down to flatter ground so they could load him onto their single wheel all terrain stretcher for the long climb back up to the fire road..
Para seems to think he may have broken his pelvis and some ribs, but that is probably better than a snapped spine!
oh well, at least I got a good 5 mins in, better than nothing at all.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
was going to go for a good session today, had about an hour up my sleeve before I had to pick up my boys from their bike skills training.
when I stopped to put my sunnies in my backpack, he asked me if I could come over and have a look at his friend as he had just fallen badly off a rock drop, and there was no other adults around (why would he assume that I'm a responsible adult?)
he then ever so calmly states that his friend may have a broken back..Oh goodie, there goes my arvo ride.
so we tracked back and scrambled up the rise, to find his mate flat out, and slightly mangled..one of his other mates had already called the ambo's and had them on the phone, so he handed it over to me to take over..didn't really do a great deal other than provide reassurance and make sure that he wasn't going to go into shock..
first response para was there in about 30 mins, provided basic ambo stuff, but the poor kid was fresh out of luck with the drugs, as old mate was actually on his way home and was not carrying any meds!..had to wait another 15mins for the ambo's with some fentanyl.
after about an hour, 2 fire and rescue crews, a first response paramedic and another ambulance crew we managed to get him onto the spinal board and stretcher.
it took 12 people to get him down to flatter ground so they could load him onto their single wheel all terrain stretcher for the long climb back up to the fire road..
Para seems to think he may have broken his pelvis and some ribs, but that is probably better than a snapped spine!
That's definitely a bit more than your good deed for the day, probably tick off week and month!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck dude! That's a heavy afternoon. You all good?

Where about in the reserve did the crash happen?