What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
@Plankosaurus I just had to google shigura, sounds awesome!

I had some fun punching out crappy Shimano pressfit bottom bracket and replaced it with a wheels manufacturing 'threaded' one. The tool needed some ah, trimming to get around the swingarm pivot on my Process but worked ok but was not easy with maybe 1.5mm width of surface to work on. Precision and care won the day.

Hopefully I rejoin the creak free club again!

Fuck you press fit!

View attachment 357623

Hello solutions!

View attachment 357624
That is toight! Obviously too late now but the Hope pf41 might have been an easier install.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
That is toight! Obviously too late now but the Hope pf41 might have been an easier install.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
You said that to me too, and it may have been, but for my application with the Di2 junction down there, being able to screw one half of the whole shell in/out with one (cheaper) tool wins it for me

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode it at Mogo. Was booked for the wild wombat but that cancelled due to lack of numbers. Enjoyable trails but not super challenging and we even rode them both ways due to our missing of the trail head....

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Started putting it together. First time using internal cable routing...

Is there an order for doing it? Can I get the gears and dropper sorted and then do the brake line?

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Started putting it together. First time using internal cable routing...

Is there an order for doing it? Can I get the gears and dropper sorted and then do the brake line?
It will probably be the last time you do it. I just went to the trouble of redoing everything externally on the crafty because I hate having to cut brake lines or fight to get cables in or out when you change things around. Or maybe it's just me because I change bikes so much :D

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
It will probably be the last time you do it. I just went to the trouble of redoing everything externally on the crafty because I hate having to cut brake lines or fight to get cables in or out when you change things around. Or maybe it's just me because I change bikes so much :D
Yeah I'd rather not cut the brake line, but has to be done. There's also a chance this bike will be too small for me and then I'll have to find a new frame and do it all over again haha