What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Looks awesome mate! Me and DeanO are signed up for next year, still trying to convince Lachie.
next year? hows Feb sound? haha, i havent even left and im ready to come back. I wish it wasnt so rainy, biggest rain event in NZ since 1999, but so much of it is still rideable if you dont mind getting wet.

Jpez

Down on the left!
next year? hows Feb sound? haha, i havent even left and im ready to come back. I wish it wasnt so rainy, biggest rain event in NZ since 1999, but so much of it is still rideable if you dont mind getting wet.
Sounds awesome but a bit early to convince the missus. These things take time! We’ll at least be in Rota mid year.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
threw some flats on the duallie last night, my hip flexor is weak AF, i had my giro rumble..bit firm...but had zero grip on the saint pedals, rode quarry pk in melb inner west, i then realised the saint pedals had little washers spacers on the bolts, removed all the outer ones, still not enough grip..
there is a tiny pebble rock garden, my feet kept bouncing off—
quarry pk on flats take2, tried some emerica skate shoes, and realised the saint pedals had washers on the middle pins, grip was much better, held up in the tiny rock garden, lost my foot once climbing a tight switchback, and once when i got about 5mm in the air on a jump...still hating flats but will keep trying for now

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
So.. Does this belong in fuckwits or here?

Chasing down a persistent creaking noise and finally being on holidays it was time to have a look at the bearings....

Rear triangle off and it's looking a bit dusty in there...

Hmmm. Maybe leaving these unattended for three years wasn't a great idea?

It wasn't. The fourth bearing exploded trying to tap it out and I couldn't think of any other way than cutting the race than out with the dremel. Considering the risks it all went quite well...

It's great that you totally can't tell that I used a dremel...

Flatteringly-framed after shot...

So... do I move this to fuckwits or did I get away with it?

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
@Ezkaton is a rep I think and can help you find available sizes in store to try.
I won’t go back to 5tens though. I’ve found my shoe.
Not a rep, just work for distro.

I'm using the Tribe in 47 which is my standard EU size and they fit great.

Narrower than my Freeriders and more of a snug fit, but they're really comfortable. I even use them for hiking, haha.

I tried on the Clan when they first arrived around nearly 12 months ago, also 47, but the arch support didn't really work for my foot too well. Though I'd really like to give them another go, they're just built much better than the Tribe. See how I get on with a 48 next time they're available.

To bring this in line with regular shoes, I use a 13 or 14 depending on the brand and style of shoe, which I believe equates to 46.5 / 47EU? Correct me if I'm wrong, but yeah.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Not a rep, just work for distro.

I'm using the Tribe in 47 which is my standard EU size and they fit great.

Narrower than my Freeriders and more of a snug fit, but they're really comfortable. I even use them for hiking, haha.

I tried on the Clan when they first arrived around nearly 12 months ago, also 47, but the arch support didn't really work for my foot too well. Though I'd really like to give them another go, they're just built much better than the Tribe. See how I get on with a 48 next time they're available.

To bring this in line with regular shoes, I use a 13 or 14 depending on the brand and style of shoe, which I believe equates to 46.5 / 47EU? Correct me if I'm wrong, but yeah.
So does this mean you have access to hope’s anno green stuff they won’t sell to us plebs?

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
well not actually bike but related
Slid about a 500 kg granite rock next to another few embedded huge rocks to build a new mtbike line over them, undermining it with a shovel then using a crowbar and small rocks underneath to jack it up.
Couldnt get any form of machinery to it and surprisingly didnt wreck my back .
Everything looks smaller and flatter to the camera= no photos.